The confused rooster

Discussion and pictures of your favorite critters!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Re: The confused rooster

Post by PinkDiamond »

I've never seen a possum that could win a beauty pageant, and if anything I'd say they're so ugly they're cute. This one is pretty gentle, and now that he's getting used to hearing the door open without running away, Steve is getting a big kick out of touching him, and the thing doesn't try to bite him at all.

Last night after I had shut down and was preparing to go upstairs, I heard this knocking on the door, and Steve heard it too, so we came in here to look and sure enough, it was Schmo, but this time he wasn't asking for food. There was a slug on the glass door and the knocking was his nose hitting the glass repeatedly as he tried to get the slug into his mouth, which he eventually did. Ewwww! :lol:

I can guarantee you that Schmo was the only possum in Arkansas who dined on bits of leftover salmon last night. ...before he ate the slug. :mrgreen:
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

Good possum Schmo :!: get those slugs. :lol:
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Shhhh, we can't let gemmheart see that because she has an affinity for slugs! :lol:

She even had some rather interesting ones as pets when I first met her, and they had miniature dollhouse-size furniture to sit on, and believe it or not, seemed to know her. :shock:
PinkDiamond

crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

:lol:
SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

Nice. I seem to be running a rabbit buffet of tumble weeds and alfalfa since Spring passed. And when the sun comes out they have dug depressions by all the wheels in my yard to hunch (no rest for a rabbit) under the vehicles like dogs in the shade. Not ready for a puppy; as much as that would move the rabbits along....slug maybe. How high maintenance are they? At least they won't get out of their cage and go scare the neighbors. I am enjoying this little break of taking care of just me more. It was needed. Today I'm waiting for Physical Therapy place to call back. See when I have to start my driving in and out 100 miles for physical therapy for the next two weeks. My ballet better have gone up a notch when i'm done. Anybody want to buy a Virgin Valley prospect for gas money LOL. Is Gemmheart a SC Santa Cruz Grad?
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I'm seeing quite a few rabbits too, John, but mostly the squirrels are bugging me because they want my bird feeders. We have twin baby deer running around with a single baby, and they're coming right up to the house which means they're dropping their deer ticks all over. :? As a matter of fact, Steve said they were knocking on the front door while he was on the phone, and we've got Schmo knocking on the door in here. :lol:

Last night I was outside BBQ'ing and it wasn't dark yet, but getting there, and I was startled by Schmo right behind me sniffing the air and salivating over my burger, but when I turned around and jumped because I didn't expect him to be there, he took off like a shot and ran off the deck until after dark when I'm used to seeing him here. :lol:

And no, gemmheart is in Scotland. I've never met her, although we do talk on the phone occasionally, and we started Skyping this year which is better than the phone because her accent gets in the way of my ears, so with Skype I could read her lips and that made it easier. :lol:

For a good week or more now, all the hummingbirds that hatched have joined the adults at my feeders, so I went from supplying about 3/4 of a cup of nectar in 2 feeders, to supplying 2½ to 3 cups in 3 feeders every day. I can tell the immature ones from the adults because they're a tad smaller, and many have a few white casings still on their new head feathers. Anyway, we must have had a lot of successful hummer nests this year because they're all over the place! :D
PinkDiamond

kjsspot

Post by kjsspot »

Our camp mascot this year. He's adorable.

IMG_20150717_214801 7-2015 7-2015.jpg

6Greenleaf State Park (29) 7-2015.JPG
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt