OPAL... is there anything else?

Write a few lines about who you are and where your from here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

broadflash

OPAL... is there anything else?

Post by broadflash »

Greetings all...
My wife and I have been in the opal business since 1981 and have loved every minute of it. Our trade name is The Opalsmith. Years ago we had a shop titled Main Street Originals in Pleasanton California. For the past 15 years we have lived and done business in Florence Oregon with a shop in the old town district titled Treasure Bay-home of The Opalsmith. I am an opal cutter and my wife is a silver and gold smith. We often design together while I cut and set the stones for our jewelry. We have just recently re-done our website, www.opalsmith.com and are currently working on adding product. Like many of our fellows in opal, we are getting on in years (in our 70's now) and have watched as the value and pricing of this incredible gem has continued to reach for the sky. We feel very fortunate to still be working exclusively with Australian opal. We invite everyone to have a look at our work on the website and please feel free to email us at gems@opalsmith.com. I would be happy to answer any questions regarding cutting and working with opal.
Cheers!
PinkDiamond

Re: OPAL... is there anything else?

Post by PinkDiamond »

Greetings, and welcome to the forum broadflash. I hope you will post some of your treasures here for us too, and cutting videos if you do them. We look forward to your input, and again, warmest welcome to our newest opalholic. We're glad to have you join us. :)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
broadflash

Post by broadflash »

Thank you very much!...I'm not too savvy with this, how do i post images?
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

If you have images stored on a photo website, right click on the one you want and choose 'copy image location', and when you post here, above the typing field you'll see Img. Click that and you'll get [img] between two brackets, so just drop the link between them.

If you have them on your computer or camera, look below the typing field and click attachments, then click add which will allow you to go to the photo and upload it here directly. Hope that helps, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. :)
PinkDiamond

SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

Hiya Broadflash. Welcome.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
broadflash

Post by broadflash »

Thank you for the welcome and tips. I don't know if I'm replying to pink diamond or swordfishmining but thanks, I'll get back subsequently.
SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

Hiya. You are best going to post a reply and selecting the full editor. If the far away hosted images are lost, they go away from here too. If you up load them here, attache files, name them, put them in line & they are hosted by the board. I was appalled when all my content from Facebook was erased by the convict lying and saying his stolen picture was copyright protected by him. Taught me to not trust Facebook first, and final.
The forums on Ebay and Opal Auctions are subject to the creators until they are archived or deleted.
What were your impressions on cutting dried virgin valley material or have you ever had access to it?
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Yes, almost all the pics hosted on photobucket have disappeared too, after they started charging members and many refused to pay. That's why I always upload pics I take directly from my camera or computer to the board, and thanks for clarifying that posters must click the Full Editor and Preview portal to access the controls for uploading pics, among other things, so thanks for pointing that out John. ;)
PinkDiamond

Opalcreationz

Post by Opalcreationz »

Hi Norm, is that you?
We did some business back in 2003 to 2004 I think, been so long.
Great to see you , God bless!
broadflash

Post by broadflash »

Great to see you too. Did my message offend?