I done bought me a house!

Anything goes!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

mick

Re: I done bought me a house!

Post by mick »

Thanks mate, the packing, arrrghhhh Ive thrown out so much stuff that I dont need and its hard when you consider Im not going to move again in my lifetime unless its in a wooden box.
Anything large and cheap has gone.
I had a clean out two years ago, but it does add up.
Ive never been one to collect rubbish furniture, so theres no worries there.
I think Ive got less to move than most families, I hope to get it all loaded in an hour and a half.
Loading takes twice as long as unloading because things need to be restrained you see.
I am most stressed,
Nancy Bin Laden is second.
Olly Shipley is third.
then come the Bees
then the chooks
last and least is the removalists.

AWhen my friends borrowed hundreds of thousands to buy houses that teh bank really owns, I thought they were crazy.
None have done very well, I dont think they understood that when they borrowed 400k they would pay back $750k and sell it for 700k

Anyway, my theory is we all have limits and must learn to live within them to be content.
Being content, is not the same as being happy.
Content means you have reached your highs in life and are ready to wind down. There is nothing and no one to chase, you have done most of what you wanted to do.

Sit back, eat properly, listen to music, not read the daily papers, relax, chill out, have a nice easy 10 years and see what happens then.

It took me the best part of ten years to find my bargain when I think about it.

Insurance says it would cost 7 times what I paid to rebuild it, but it couldnt be rebuilt given todays tradesmen, so they would pay me out if it burnt down, it hasnt in almost 150 years of candles to electricity, so I think Im good.

2 more sleeps.
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Your mama didn't raise no dummy, mick. You have a healthy outlook on life, and on us becoming the senior generation, and I believe that will keep you going and doing well for a long time. May you, your critters and your new home be blessed with peace and joy for a long time to come, and best of luck with the move. I hope you can actually do it in your estimated time frame. If good wishes can help at all, you should have smooth sailing in record time. :)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
mick

Post by mick »

Well folks Ive been here a couple of weeks, so much to do starting with the 95 rose bushes that havent been pruned for 10 years.
Ive done the 36 in the front garden that faces east. Filled 4 cubic mertres so far with prunings. Going to take a few weeks to do them all.
004 [1280x768].jpg

I love my new view, the ocean was boring in the end.
075 [1280x768].jpg

Got the satellite internet dish installed on the roof so all good there.
Living off bore water atm, got it filling the two dunnies and coming out of the bath tap but thats it. Waiting foir a new tank and hot water,
I cant stand cold showers so having APC washes till the plumber arrives.
More soon.
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Wow, the former owners were really into roses, eh? Some varieties I like, but some aren't worth growing. I had a lovely hybrid yellow rose in a container, and Bambi ate it and broke branches, basically decimating it, and the next year what came up was this ugly maroonish rose that looked nothing like the type the yellow was. I contacted the company, and they said they're grafted together, and the deer ate down past the graft, so I had to place a barrier across the other 2 rose bushes in lavender-pink and peachy-orange so the deer can't get to them, or I risk losing them and ending up with colors and types I don't even like. I'm hoping they've grown so far that any browsing deer might do won't get anywhere near the graft this year because the barrier I used last year is used for Shiloh inside the house now. :?

Your view is lovely, and I can relate to finding the ocean boring after a while. It's better for the sound than the view, and in 20+ years I haven't gotten tired of the mountain views and sounds. 8-)

I don't envy you with the cold showers, especially with the cold weather setting in. My body wouldn't be able to do it, and I'd be taking sponge baths with heated water until the hot water heater arrived. Sure hope you can get that plumber over there soon so you can really enjoy yourself there, and thanks for the update since I've been wondering how the move was going for you. :)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

I love the mountains views as the ocean is just water and sky past the land and the land does not really have seasons down low. Been boiling water for years, so that does not matter much. Saving my nickles for a new POS prefab myself. Every time i fixed the pipes they froze and broke that winter at some point. Im tired of fixing plumbing and carry water for everything, well run a hose in to fill the cistern and do laundry once a week. We have to protect our roses from the deer here too. Grow them on the inside of the fences. They can take this climate with water. If i got rich, id do more of a bunker with sculptural reinforced concrete.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"