6.35ct Brilliant NR Auction Very Rare Opal from Estayish Welo Ethiopia

For those of you who've been involved with opals and gemstones for many years, here you can chat with your peers.

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I get opalauctions' newsletters, and occasionally I will click through to take a closer look at an opal I see in it, and today was one of those days, and the opal I looked at was so incredible, I just have to share it with you. It is truly outstanding, as you'll see in the mesmerizing video, which isn't on YT so I can't show it to you, but it's worth the trip to see it, believe me. :shock: As nice as it is in the pic, the still image below does it no justice at all; you have got to see the video. :!: :!: :!:

Oh, and it's only at $154 now, with just under 7 hours to go, so if anyone is looking for a Christmas present for themselves or someone else, this one comes with it's own Christmas lights, as you'll see in a minute. Might want to put on your shades. The lights in this one could be blinding, and force you to open your wallet and bid. 8-)

https://www.opalauctions.com/auctions/6 ... 091b05c2b2

Edited to add, there are 2 other really unique large opals I also took a look at that you might want to go there and drool over. One is over 21cts, and is already over $2,000, with over 7 days left to go, and the other is a huge 102ct specimen that has incredible colors dancing around inside that's only at $165, with just under 2 days left to go on it. I almost never find 3 worth clicking through to take a closer look at, but these satisfied my opalholism today for sure. :mrgreen:

The expensive one:

https://www.opalauctions.com/auctions/2 ... 091b05c2b2

The huge one:

https://www.opalauctions.com/auctions/1 ... 091b05c2b2
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
Nili

Re: 6.35ct Brilliant NR Auction Very Rare Opal from Estayish Welo Ethiopia

Post by Nili »

it soled for $400 :( so pretttyyyy
OpalSpectrum

Re: 6.35ct Brilliant NR Auction Very Rare Opal from Estayish Welo Ethiopia

Post by OpalSpectrum »

nice stones and interesting results
1st opal is from Stayish region and it has awesome fire - this type is different and less stable then Welo (similar to Sheva but not the same)
this is natural black opal but this material is quite new to the market and a lot is unstable + we all know how Ethiopian 'black opal' market looks like (> dyed smoked welo ) that is why the prices for this matetial are not high
so I think that the price was good for Stayish opal and if the stone is stable somebody made good deal

2nd opal is very big and has fantastic pattern - i'm quite sure it is natural Welo but the body tone is odd and looks a bit strange.
I think the result is interesting because seller got good price but the buyer also made good deal :)

last stone is only good as specimen if is not oiled !
it's not good for cutting it will crack

:geek:

>>> Firmitas Utilitas Venustas <<<