Where am I, Hello Hello can I buy a car here?

Write a few lines about who you are and where your from here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

wampidy

Where am I, Hello Hello can I buy a car here?

Post by wampidy »

The heading about tells it all. Ginger snap made me come here because she thinks I have the same problem that ya'll do. WRONG! I am never anonymous and especially not anonymous.com.

Gingersnap started ALL of this. I think she just sent some opal to me so I would come here and increase the population a little. WRONG AGAIN! I have shrunken up so much in the last ten years I have a hard time seeing over my shoe laces so I am not in a position to populate anywhere.

Gingersnap got one thing right. She thinks my opals are wonderful, and they are, because she sent some wonderful opals and all I did was clean them up a bit. I have a few opals from the past that were not so wonderful when I got them and they are pretty much still not wonderful. Maybe one of the smart people here will give me hope for them if there is any hope for them. I got them for free too and even at that price I am not sure I will get my money back out of them.

Hey Miss. am I supposed to talk about me too? Okay, thanks. Well, I live in north central Wyoming (which explains my mental state) but that may have come from living in Texas for 25 years after living in Montana, North Carolina, Viet Nam, Montana Colorado, Mississippi, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, China and I think I forgot one. Oh yeah, Quartzsite, Arizona the winter before last.

I have only been playing with rocks for about six years so I do not know it all yet. I figure another 30 or 40 years I should have it pretty much down pat. Let's see, 68 + 30 = 98, yeah that should be doable. The only things I know how to do now are hounding, tumbling (turned that over to my son) carving (which I will probably bore you with at some point), slabbing, grinding, polishing (still perfecting that), and building machines to do those things except for the slab saw (bought a 12 inch one out of a shed for $50 and refurbished) three wheel/trim saw combo that I only use for malachite now, and now Welo opal that I do totally by hand with diamond files and sand paper. Three machines for working stone and here I sit with a file under a magnifier. Guess I have pretty much come full circle but I REALLY have enjoyed working the opals that the wonderful gingerkind gingerkid (I thought it was the first one for years) gave to me and is now twisting my arm to post them here. I will figure out how and where to do that next.

Sorry about being so wordy but I am, well uh, wordy and there is no cure that I know of.
Jim
crazy8s

Re: Where am I, Hello Hello can I buy a car here?

Post by crazy8s »

Hey Jim, Wordy is good, I have the opposite affliction. ;) Your opals are very nicely done and GK is very generous.
Rockranger

Post by Rockranger »

Nice to see you Jim.
Spirit-RR
gingerkid

Post by gingerkid »

:lol: Wampidy!

So glad to have you on the forum with us! :mrgreen:

Thank you very much for your service, Jim! :)

How long were you living in China?

I may have a car for you. Just kidding.

I don't think I can give the car away - it's a 2001 VW New Beetle 1.8 Turbo and it has lots of ailments.

Off to see your beautiful opals!
~ Jan ~

"...you gotta know your ABC's...
Always. Be. Cool." 8-)
- Boyd Crowder
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Aha, she snagged another one for us, and this one's got a great sense of humor, too! Thanks gingie, and warmest welcome wampidy!! I can see you're going to be a lot of fun to play with and that's always a big plus with us. I used to say I moved around so much I must be part gypsy, but you've got me beat hands down. :lol:

We're looking forward to seeing your opals and any other treasures you would care to share with us, and again, welcome to the party. :D
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
Lydia

Post by Lydia »

Welcome Wampidy!
Wordy is good. Pictures are better. Good for you GK!
jakesrocks

Post by jakesrocks »

Bout time ya showed up on here Jim. :lol:

Don
wampidy

Post by wampidy »

Thanks all.

Didn't know you were an opal dude Don. Are you going to coat that pretty car with opal?
gingerkid

Post by gingerkid »

:lol:

Hi, wampidy, I've seen pics of cars made of gold (white and yellow), and some encrusted with diamonds. HotWheels made a toy car with bling-bling, too. :)
~ Jan ~

"...you gotta know your ABC's...
Always. Be. Cool." 8-)
- Boyd Crowder