One Jeweler, 14 Designers, and All the Opals

For those of you who've been involved with opals and gemstones for many years, here you can chat with your peers.

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Here's some opal eye candy to satisfy your sweet tooth, although I wish they had been able to capture some fire in the light opals, because they look rather bland in the pics, but we know they're gorgeous in hand, so it's too bad they're so hard shoot and capture any POC. The black opals do show up well, but I wish they had gotten closer to the last one, which has gorgeous color, although I don't care for the style they set it in. I'll show you the first pic and my favorite, and you can use the link at the bottom to see them all and choose your own favorite. :)

November 7, 2017 by Amy Elliott

"No question that opals are hot. But would you invest in a multidesigner collection that featured only opals?

You and your clients would have to be big fans of the stone. You’d have to be an expert curator. And if you were Vincent Perugini, owner of Vincents Fine Jewelry in Pelham, N.Y., you’d have to have a copilot with great taste, excellent industry relationships, and, ideally, a huge following on Instagram. Someone like A Thousand Facets, the upstate New York-based blogger and social media influencer.

As we recently reported, this week marks the launch of Fire & Forge, a limited-edition capsule collection assembled in collaboration with A Thousand Facets and sold exclusively at Vincents. Featuring the work of 14 designers, the pieces include Australian opals (several from the famed Lightning Ridge mine) and showcase the full range of the stone’s unique fire patterns and color stories.

“I see hosting this collection as a huge honor,” says Perugini. “We are always looking for new ways to get our clients excited about what we’re doing, so when A Thousand Facets asked us to be the sole retailer, how could we say no?

“I saw no risk at all in the venture because our clients are drawn to pieces that include opals. And the designers we asked to participate in the project are all amazing artists. We always enjoy working with designers who bring something fresh, new, and special to our clients.”

Certainly, other jewelers have smartly given opals pride of place in their stores, highlighting a necklace here or a knockout cocktail ring there, but with Fire & Forge, Perugini had to be all in.

Yet the jeweler has no qualms about giving the all-opal collection prime real estate in his store, even during the make-or-break holiday season. Granted, the pieces are being offered through a ... "

Although I really dislike blackened silver, I think the bug is adorable, so this one's my favorite.

Beetle Pendant with opal and genuine beetle wing on an oxidized silver chain with 14k gold accents, $1,430; Hannah Blount

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -334329457
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)