Moved

Share your health tips, tricks, and stories here

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

SwordfishMining

Re: Moved

Post by SwordfishMining »

I hate the black muck that reeks. Almost as bad as carrion. I'm happy Gemma will stop on command. Need to do more with her tho than that shes so smart, I don't want her getting bored. Going out mining today and ya never know what happens on those days, strangers, other places etc. The Kokopelli is opening for the summer today and I have some papers for them.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Wow mick,that's scary, and you must have been so worried about them with them so far ahead of you. :o

Even here, I always left the lead on Morgan, and just wrapped it around her tail as she walked by my side, and there were a few times over the years that she spotted a deer or rabbit and took off, and calling her back merely made her slow to think about obeying the command, but that was enough for me to catch up enough to her to step on the lead, which would fall from around her tail when she bolted.

Even with a 20' lead you're going to need to keep them close enough to you that they can't take off and make it past where you can reach the lead. :?
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
mick

Post by mick »

Ah I had to go for a ride to the other shop today, 60k round trip. Was pretty flat and windless it took me 30 min longer than it did 25 years ago so not too bad. I had 24 cans of beer in the pannier for the return 30k, what we call a slab. So I was a bit slower.
Only seen a fox, staring at me from the bushes, a dead wallaby, and lots of birds.
mick

Post by mick »

Well it's winter and it gets cold but I've never seen frost on the beach before and not many Aussies would have.

It's been minus 5 and minus 7 the last two mornings that's c.

The ice on the buckets was half and 3/4 inch thick.
Pipes frozen too.
Record low temps.

Seen a seal on the beach the other day and an emu up the road
kjsspot

Post by kjsspot »

That's pretty darned cold!
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

That's pretty wild, mick! I grew up up north, on Long Island in NY, and the Island was always a bit warmer than the mainland because of the breezes coming on shore since the ocean isn't frozen, so I'm really surprised to hear you're getting that cold, and I'm wondering if it's colder inland there, too. I sure hope you can keep those pipes from freezing or your could have a royal mess on your hands if they burst. I had a neighbor who went away in winter, and when he got back he found his ceiling on the floor because the pipes, which ran thru the ceiling, had frozen, burst, and saturated the sheerock until it got too heavy to stay in place, and voila; the ceiling ends up on the floor, and what a mess to clean up! :o

The pipes here run under the house thru a crawl space, and they have frozen before so we wrapped them with heat tape, and when it gets below freezing I just plug it in and it keeps the water flowing. Your landlord should actually consider using such a remedy to avoid disaster since it's a lot cheaper than replacing the interior of the house. :?

Two mornings ago I saw 7 wild turkeys walk across the back 40, and later in the day I noticed one of the young groundhogs had come up on the deck when I went to chase the pesky gray squirrels, which startled him so he ran down below, but stayed right where I could see him, munching on plantain leaves. Too cute! I believe all the groundhogs we're seeing, and there are many now, are descendants of a one-eyed female who used to raid the food in the coop, that I named Cyclops. We've also got 2 baby deer bounding around like a pair of idiots, and a pregnant deer who has decided she likes to rest under the deck, so now when I go out I talk to her softly and tell her I'm coming out so she doesn't freak out again, jump out and hit her knee like she did a couple of weeks ago, which left her limping for a few days. I just love the wildlife around here, and we still have one or two possums that come to the door every night to see if I've put any bread crusts or other leftovers out for them. :lol:
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)