Style and Sand: Dy’amond Breedlove x Dune Jewelry

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I've posted one or two articles before on Dune Jewelry, the company that incorporates sand from famous beaches into their jewelry, and now they've joined with Breedlove to put a different spin on the type of jewelry they offer. Here's what they're doing. ;)

By Brittany Siminitz | October 15, 2021

"If you know anything of Dune Jewelry, you probably associate the brand with a line of beach jewelry, the kind perfect for an island vacation—or for bringing home as a souvenir from that vacation.

Dune is known for its coastal style because of what it offers: customizable keepsake-style jewelry (the brand prefers the term experiential), filled with sand and other materials—“earth elements”—from memorable locations around the world.

If you’ve kept up with this blog over the last several years, you’ve read pieces on Dune and its whimsical, wonderful wares. But the brand, which celebrated its 10th anniversary in 2020, has never done anything like this.

In September of this year, Dune announced its collaboration with New York–based fashion stylist Dy’amond Breedlove, resulting in two separate jewelry collections.

LOVE22 earrings in 14k yellow gold vermeil, $250

Both collections—LOVE22 and Breedlove—are a result of the partnership between Dune founder Holly Daniels Christensen and Breedlove, who has worked with fashion brands such as Ferragamo and Akris. In 14k gold vermeil and sterling silver, the line marks a distinct departure from Dune’s usual aesthetic, resulting in choices that allow consumers to experience what Dune has to offer in all its sandy, sentimental glory with a much bolder, fashion-forward angle.

“This collection reflects who I am and what inspires me the most,” said Breedlove of the LOVE22 collection in a release. “It is influenced by music and fashion but was thoughtfully created to reflect the classic stylings of Paris, all of which have a piece of my heart.”

Breedlove ring, earrings, and brooch/pendant in 14k gold vermeil, $170–$340

“Both name and designs are uniquely crafted, which is an accurate depiction of ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... e-jewelry/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)