Webinar: Visit the University of Arizona’s New Gem & Mineral Museum

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Webinar: Visit the University of Arizona’s New Gem & Mineral Museum

Post by PinkDiamond »

This might be a fun webinar to attend since you'll get to see some of the specimens. ;)

• Visit the University of Arizona’s New Gem & Mineral Museum
Eric Fritz, Museum Manager at University of Arizona Alfie Norville Gem & Mineral Museum
January 19, 2021 | 12:00PM EST
Earlier this year, the University of Arizona began the process of moving its gem and mineral museum to a new location—the historic Pima County Courthouse—allowing more space for exhibits and education. The new Alfie Norville Gem & Mineral Museum hasn’t officially opened yet, but in this webinar, Museum Manager Eric Fritz will join Senior Editor Brecken Branstrator to talk about the move and the new space, including an early look as it is now and some of the special specimens on display.

Time: Jan 19, 2021 12:00 PM in Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Register here:
https://zoom.us/webinar/register/961608 ... iMFuMuLTIA
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: Webinar: Visit the University of Arizona’s New Gem & Mineral Museum

Post by SwordfishMining »

Sounds like fun. I will say Zoom lost its shine when the Chinese were shown to be using it for censoring non CCP views on subjugating Hong Kong, Taiwan & any former citizen around the world as if they owned everybody in that race. Youtube. the social oligarchs & MSM give them a pass too only censoring our President, not the murderous left & right wing groups they sell ads on. They only ever saw the ceiling in my house on any call I was in to Drs knowing it was web hosted. Better safe than sorry as no line is ever secure and any smart device is also suspect. The phone is SO MUCH better than a chip for tracking with the microphone, camera, contacts, calendar...
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Just a reminder that the webinar is tomorrow. ;)
PinkDiamond

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Here's the link to the webinar, with information on the topic of their next webinar, and a portal to register after the video so I'll just give you the first part of the text up to it. ;)

Get a Sneak Peek of This New Gem and Mineral Museum
By Brecken Branstrator
brecken.branstrator@nationaljeweler.com
January 22, 2021

"New York—In early 2020, the University of Arizona’s mineral and gem museum began the process of moving into a new location, an expansion it has been eyeing for years.

It’s relocating to the historic Pima County Courthouse in Tucson, with a 12,000-square-foot exhibition hall to allow for a bigger collection and showcases.

The new museum hasn’t opened yet, but the team is working to get the Alfie Norville Gem & Mineral Museum up and running by the end of February, though COVID-19 restrictions will ultimately be the deciding factor.

In the meantime, Museum Manager Eric Fritz offered National Jeweler and its readers a sneak peek of the new space in the latest episode of “My Next Question.”

Watch the full session below.

Those interested in learning more can sign up to stay updated on the museum’s progress on its website.

For those who want to inquire about loaning specimens to the museum, contact Eric Fritz at ericwfritz@arizona.edu. ... "

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/webinar ... ral-museum
PinkDiamond