Alp Sagnak on Designing Jewelry for Today’s Men

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I recognized this guy and thought I posted an article about him fairly recently, but when I did a search of his name nothing came up, so I must have decided to pass over the previous article I saw. Here's his take on what jewelry men are looking for. ;)

November 25, 2020 by Brittany Siminitz

"Though Alp Sagnak designs jewelry for all genders, I’ve always thought of him as a creator of men’s jewelry most. Perhaps that’s because he himself always wore memorable pieces, an impeccable model of his work and a prime example of men expressing themselves through adornment.

When I first learned of his work nearly a decade ago, I was so amazed at the detail and often wondered about his customer base. These are the type of pieces that are so badass rock ‘n’ roll—skulls, spiders, horns—you’d either feel like a high enchantress or a musical front man wearing them. But there’s a softer side to Alp’s creations, too, much like the designer himself.

When I first met Alp he was operating under the name Atelier Minyon, a brand with a parent company in Turkey. Sagnak purchased the brand from the parent company in 2012, but opted to start from scratch in 2015, leaving the past behind. And so, the eponymous brand was born and with it, an adventurous range of offerings.

Below, a chat with Alp Sagnak on what men are looking for in jewelry, how the gay community has influenced his design, and how the designer is helping to care for New York City during the pandemic.

A custom corundum and diamond ring, price on request

What sort of jewelry are men looking for right now? Are you noticing any changes either as a result of the time we’re living in or influences from public figures?

My men are looking for mostly bracelets and cuffs with diamonds and gems. I realize for other companies their best sellers are chains and pendants and wedding bands—for me, it has not been the case. I never introduced a wedding band or bands for men. I have been making so many rings for men over the years, but all of them would be one-of-a-kind and mostly much bigger and heavier than they could see in other designers. Over the years skull rings have been my wedding band for men, I guess. As far as I can see from my research, there are not enough ... '

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... welry-men/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)