Thoroughly Unconventional Men’s Wedding Bands

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I can't imagine a man wanting to wear the one in the lead pic, despite the lovely moonstone carved by Tom Munsteiner, and I don't care for most of the styles, although there was one that jumped out at me so I'll show you the first pic, and then the one I favor. LMK what you think of these. ;)

November 18, 2020 by Brittany Siminitz

"As we continue to embrace the exciting changes in men’s jewelry, where new, revolutionary-feeling styles enter the scene, we should take some time to think about the impact this all may have on the wedding jewelry business.

If men are becoming more open to wearing jewelry for fashion, blurring the lines between men and women’s jewelry, then who’s to say the same can’t apply to wedding bands—or even men’s engagement rings?

True, the average customer today will still most likely opt for a classic wedding band, something in platinum or gold with a comfort fit, maybe a little milgrain if they’re feeling ever so daring. But a new audience of men—and women—are turning to unconventional styles, searching for that piece that feels true to their style and stands out from the crowd. Something that will still stand the test of time as a forever piece, without venturing too far into “fad” territory, but still feels fresh, individual, new. ... "

Carioca ring in 18k white gold with onyx and black and white diamonds, $4,270; Bare

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... ing-bands/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
rocks2dust

Re: Thoroughly Unconventional Men’s Wedding Bands

Post by rocks2dust »

I like the 1940s post-Deco look of the one you picked. Other than the first one, which I also find weird (not in a good way), I like 'em all. But then, I don't wear rings; haven't found one that's ever felt right. I might actually put some effort into trying to get used to that oxidized silver piece by Kassandra Nicholson, though ;)
r2d

surplus odds and ends that I have on ebid.net
· Xtra gemstones
· Xcess fossils, minerals and rough
· Everything else