Piece of the Week: Moritz Glik’s Diamond Ring

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I can't see this taking off as a sought-after engagement ring, but it is interesting so I'm sure it will be popular with those who want something different. ;)

By Ashley Davis
Ashley.Davis@nationaljeweler.com
November 6, 2020

"If 2020 has taught us anything, it’s that life may look a little different sometimes, but weddings, engagements, the birth of children, graduations and birthdays go on.

The winter holidays are typically a busy engagement time, and brides-to-be deserve something extra special this year.

This Moritz Glik ring is an ideal alternative engagement ring style. It gives a nod to the traditional halo-set diamond solitaire but with a thoroughly Moritz twist, boasting the designer’s signature “Shaker Kaleidoscope” diamonds.

Rather than a cushion-cut diamond, why not rock a milieu of round and baguette-cut diamonds in a gold and sapphire cushion-shaped box? And instead of a diamond halo, why not add some striking black enamel?

Whether intended as ... "

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/fashion ... amond-ring
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
rocks2dust

Re: Piece of the Week: Moritz Glik’s Diamond Ring

Post by rocks2dust »

Interesting idea, but I just wonder how well it would hold up to more than infrequent use (the loose diamonds are going to scratch the "box" and may even chip at each other over time).
r2d

surplus odds and ends that I have on ebid.net
· Xtra gemstones
· Xcess fossils, minerals and rough
· Everything else