New Jersey Jeweler Charged With Not Returning Customers’ Pieces

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I thought I had an article here on this guy, but a search didn't find him so it must have been someone else who did the same thing. This one is getting worse instead of better, and I'll never understand how people can ever think they'll get away with such things. :!:

October 20, 2020 by Rob Bates

"Anthony Goltsch, owner of the Golden Goose jewelry store in Rumson, N.J., has been charged with theft after 14 people alleged he did not return a total of $500,000 in merchandise he took in for consignment or repairs—though the jeweler said he’s on his way to resolving most of the issues.

Goltsch has been charged with two counts of second degree theft by failure to make required disposition of property received, according to a statement from the Monmouth County prosecutor’s office.

Goltsch told JCK via email: “I am crushed about these charges. While I have had items on consignment for an extended period of time, or repairing items like we have for 20 years, I have been entirely transparent with my customers and am working on an amicable resolution.”

He said he has “already resolved the overwhelming majority of claims, by returning jewelry items to customers that were in queue to be repaired or have successfully completed the transaction with the customer.”

On Sept. 3, Goltsch was charged with theft for allegedly not returning $260,000 worth of pieces left to him for consignment, redesign, and repair. The charges were spurred by complaints from three consumers who alleged that the jeweler failed to return pieces that they had left with him, despite pleas to do so, according to the Prosecutor’s office.

After the initial case was publicized, another 10 customers and one jewelry dealer came forward, alleging that Goltsch had not returned a total of ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... ed-pieces/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)