Designer Engagement Rings, The Independent Way

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I can't imagine having one of those 'salt and pepper' diamonds as an engagement ring, although it appears to be nicely cut, but even though I'm not really into yellow, the canary yellow diamond ring is gorgeous, and the last one, which is a set that I didn't show here, is a very interesting design, although not for me. See any you like? ;)

September 9, 2020 by Brittany Siminitz

"As we continue to see a growing demand for responsibly sourced and made jewelry, so increases the sales and interest in designs featuring both lab-grown and vintage stones.

But there is another category of jewelry highly relevant to this demand, and it’s one that connects consumers to the artists and creators of their purchases—the offerings of the independent designer.

Zara engagement ring in 14k white gold with 2.23 ct. salt-and-pepper diamond center, $9,825 (starting price); Valerie Madison

With many indie designers, you know their faces, you learn their stories, you begin to recognize their aesthetics. For shoppers in the market for an engagement ring or wedding band who find themselves concerned with the environmental and social impacts of their purchases, many of these artists are a good source.

Hazeline solitaire ring in 14k yellow gold with 0.5 ct. sapphire and diamond pavé, $3,360; Anna Sheffield

Consumers will want to seek designers who have dedicated their businesses to creating responsibly, using fair trade or ethically sourced gemstones, recycled materials, and, when possible, in-studio craftsmanship. This allows shoppers to get something that’s new when vintage either isn’t to their taste or timeline (sometimes the hunt for the perfect vintage piece can take ages, part of the appeal, but perhaps not when it comes to an impending engagement). It may also help them to score the custom-made creation of their dreams, enriched by the expert hand of a talented artist.

One-of-a-kind East-West ring in 18k yellow gold with marquise canary diamond and pavé diamond prongs, price on request; Jemma Wynne

Shoppers will pay more when ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... ngagement/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)