Here Are the Jewelry Designs Up for an Accessories Council Award

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

These are over the top for me, or look like kitschy costume jewelry, which some basically are, so like with the first one, although I like the premise but they took it too far, and I wouldn't even pay a nickel for the second one, but others are very nice even if they're not appealing to me. There is no favorite in this one so I'll show you what I thought was the most bizarre piece in the lineup. :lol:

August 11, 2020 by Emili Vesilind

"The Accessories Council—a nonprofit international trade association established in 1994 to stimulate consumer demand for fashion accessory products—announced the finalists for its second annual Design Excellence Awards, which includes two jewelry categories: fine and fashion.

Five finalists in each category were selected by the Accessories Council board of directors based on the “criteria of excellence in design, unique appearance and/or function, consumer needs addressed by product, appropriate aesthetics, innovative materials or technology, market positioning and competitive performance, social images, emotional appeal, and sustainability,” according to a prepared statement from the organization.

The winners in each category will be selected by popular public vote (you can vote here) and will be announced on Sept. 3.

The Accessories Council launched the Design Excellence Awards in 2019 to “expand the recognition of outstanding products, especially those that will be in market during the critical Fall/Holiday 2020 selling season,” according to the same statement. All finalist products selected are available for purchase in the United States via retail stores, e-commerce, TV retail, or direct marketing between October 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020.

Here are the jewelry designs up for awards:

Fashion Jewelry ... "

Can you imagine yourself wearing this one? :lol:

Pencil ring by Brady Legler, $14,950

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... cessories/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: Here Are the Jewelry Designs Up for an Accessories Council Award

Post by SwordfishMining »

Aww, not like Im a designer, but i thought that was silver wrapped gold by the foot, not a bracelet with diamond ends when i first saw it. The pencil ring could be a real claw in a fight.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"