New Course Series for Jewelers and Appraisers

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Here's the latest from the ISG, which is developing a new course for jewelers and appraisers that is expected to launch in the fall. :)

During this quiet summer phase of Covid-19 shutdowns, there is a flurry of activity going on here. The ISG is working hard researching and producing an entirely new course series for jewelers and jewelry appraisers. As you see above in my latest course completion from the University of Pennsylvania Law School, I am taking courses in business law to prepare a special series of courses related to legal issues for jewelers and appraisers. To complete this effort I am currently taking Part 2 of the Intellectual Property Law and Policy from UPenn, then a 3 course program to earn the Business Law Certificate from Cornell Law School starting in August.

This is in addition to our insurance license Continuing Education courses under the Jewelry Adjuster Insurance Services, that established the ISG 16 years ago.

Here are a few of the courses I am working on for you all to help you become more successful by opening new revenue streams in your business:

Intellectual Property Law for Jewelers: A course to understand patents, copyrights and trademarks and how each can be utilized for the benefit of the retail jeweler or jewelry appraiser.

How to Become an Insurance CE Provider: This is for Registered Gemologist Appraisers to learn how to become a certified Insurance Continuing Education Provider in your state, and maximize revenue streams from this status. I am currently researching this course for the United States, Canada, Australia and other countries.

Advanced Insurance Appraisal: How to get inside the insurance industry to maximize you ability to expand revenue streams. The structure of insurance, understanding insurance law and how to work with agents, underwriters and adjusters.

Litigation and Expert Witness: How to work with attorney's on jewelry related litigation cases, and how to maximize your value as an expert witness. Understanding the requirements for being an expert witness and what to expect once you are chosen.

Appraisals for Probate, Donations and Tax Court: A look at the procedures of probate courts in deciding issues of estates. We will also cover how to protect your client and your appraisal regarding donations to non-profits and cases involving US Tax Court.

How to Appraise Intricate Jewelry: This is a course on how to get the most accurate information from difficult jewelry pieces. From diamond weights to color grades to unusual provenance, we will raise your appraisal ability to the next step of accuracy and professionalism.

This and more is coming starting in late August. At the ISG we are committed to your success. Most courses will be available to the open industry with special tuition discounts for ISG Registered Gemologist Appraisers.

It may seem like things are quiet on the surface, but behind the scenes there is a massive amount of research and classroom study going on here that will help you in the future.

I am very excited about what is coming this fall.

Robert James FGA, GG
President, International School of Gemology
Jewelry Adjuster Insurance Services
Property and Casualty Adjuster, Texas Department of Insurance #1300433
Certified Continuing Education Provider, Texas Department of Insurance

Jewelry Adjuster is a Member:

National Association of Independent Insurance Adjusters

To learn more about the world-class ISG Programs in gemology and jewelry appraisal, please click here: http://www.schoolofgemology.com

©2020 International School of Gemology. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. We encourage sharing and caring throughout the industry as long as all copyrights are left intact.

ISG
International School of Gemology
PO Box 1727
Helotes, TX 78023
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)