The 10 Most Popular Stories of 2020 So Far

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I posted most of these articles, but just in case I didn't post one y'all could benefit from I'm posting the article that covers this authors choices for the ten best stories of the year so far. ;)

By Michelle Graff
michelle.graff@nationaljeweler.com
July 2, 2020

"Today marks the halfway point of 2020.

It’s hard to believe because, on one hand, I’m not sure how it’s July already and, on the other, it seems like this year has lasted 1,000 days already.

In honor of 2020 being, mercifully, halfway over, I’ve compiled a list of the top 10 stories published on NationalJeweler.com so far this year.

One note about this list: It is not a subjective listing of my favorite, or even the best, stories that appeared on our site but, rather, a straight lineup of the most popular stories by click count.

You’ll notice there aren’t as many coronavirus-related stories on it as you might expect, and there are no stories related to our coverage of the protests that continue following the murders of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor.

In the weeks following their deaths, I heeded the calls to listen and really took some time to think about how I, and National Jeweler, could facilitate a conversation about the lack of racial diversity—specifically, the lack of representation of black Americans—in the jewelry industry in the United States.

I am currently working on a project in conjunction with Jewelers of America, which owns this fine publication, but am not ready to share any details.

In the meantime, on a personal note, I’d ask those who are interested in finding ways to make a difference check out the Poverty Initiative and the Poor People’s Campaign. I connected with both a couple years back through a dear childhood friend, and the work they do is so, so important.

Now, here are the 10 most-clicked-on stories on NationalJeweler.com so far this year, starting with an update on two of the biggest bankruptcies in retail. ... "

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/blog/89 ... 020-so-far
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)