Don’t Miss the Christie’s Anna Hu x Alrosa Online Jewelry Auction for Charity

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I already posted an article about this artist's pieces being auctioned off for charity, the proceeds of which will go to the families of healthcare workers who lost their lives during the pandemic; a very worthy cause, and I'm posting this followup because the bidding starts today, and continues through the 13th of July. ;)

July 2, 2020 by Amy Elliott

"Starting Friday, Christie’s will host an online sale of three exceptional pieces of jewelry, all specially created by high jewelry designer Anna Hu, with proceeds benefiting families of health care workers who lost their lives in the battle against COVID-19.

The charitable element will be facilitated by Diamonds That Care, a new social-responsibility initiative powered by Alrosa.

As the Diamonds That Care initiative does not hold the status of a charity foundation, the proceeds from the auction will be transferred to the global nonprofit Diamonds Do Good, which, in turn, will allocate the funds to organizations supporting health care workers in the United States and around the world.

Diamonds That Care expects the Christie’s Anna Hu sale to raise $420,000.

“The world is beginning to cope with the coronavirus pandemic, but nothing will fully restore the health of those doctors and nurses who have been fighting for people for the past several months, and especially those who gave their lives to this fight,” said Sergey Ivanov, CEO of Alrosa in a statement. “We want them to express our deep respect for medical professionals and the heroic deeds they have accomplished and to help them and their families.”

Naturally, Hu’s three creations all feature Alrosa diamonds—more than 500 colorless and fancy colored brown-toned polished diamonds, to be exact—from the company’s mine in Siberia.

The undeniable highlight is a necklace with a fancy brown-yellow diamond weighing 27.02 cts. as its centerpiece (see rendering below).

Anna Hu necklace with fancy color and colorless diamonds, centering a pear-shape 27.02 ct. fancy brown-yellow diamond in 18k white and 18k red gold. The highest bidders will also receive Hu’s original sketches outlining her inspiration for each piece.

The necklace in progress. “The pandemic has shown us terrible examples of suffering, as well as amazing examples of how people are helping each other,” said Hu, also in a statement. “I was inspired by these thoughts while working on the collection. I hope my jewelry…will set a positive example for people and remind them of how important it is to help those who protected us.”

A heart motif unites the three pieces (ring and earring renderings pictured at top), and all reflect Hu’s signature sculptural, elegant forms and color combinations.

“The overall idea of this jewelry set is to ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... u-auction/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)