humour

Anything goes!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Re: humour

Post by PinkDiamond »

I have some intriguing creatures to entertain you with tonight, and I'm just going to show you some of the odder ones, and I'm skipping the intro to the story, so check that out and the rest of them via the link. Check out these strange creatures. 8-)

8 Curiously Odd Ocean Finds

Buckle up, because these ocean oddities might blow your mind
June 26, 2020

There are some fish (and sharks) that can walk.

"Well, sort of. Frogfish, a curious little species that are a member of the family Antennariidae (they’re a type of anglerfish), have little modified pectoral fins that resemble legs, which allow them to move along the seafloor in a way that appears very similar to “walking.” Similarly, some species of shark (known as “epaulette” sharks) have incredibly strong pelvic and pectoral fins that allow them to move along the ocean floor similarly.

Scientists think octopuses might be able to dream.

Studied at Alaska Pacific University, an octopus named Heidi earned her claim to fame on social media earlier this year when a PBS special featured her rapidly changing color while asleep. Recent studies suggest that cephalopods experience a dream-like state reminiscent of REM, the stage of sleep in which humans and some mammals and reptiles experience dreams. While it may exhibit differently in cephalopods than other species, it certainly is fascinating, and begs the question … what could Heidi be dreaming about?

There’s a tiny shark species that—we are not kidding—glows in the dark.

Initially discovered in 2010, the American pocket shark (Mollisquama mississippiensis) was reclassified in 2019, and is one of just two pocket sharks currently known to science. This pocket shark isn’t called a “pocket shark” without reason, either: the species averages an itsy bitsy 5 ½ inches long and uses bioluminescent secretions from tiny glands under its pectoral fins to draw in prey.

Bobtail squid are so good at camouflage that the United States military has studied it.

While they average in just under 2 ½ centimeters long, the capacity of these little cephalopods to transform their coloration for protection is massive. Thanks to its symbiotic relationship with bacteria, the Hawaiian bobtail squid (Euprymna scolopes) is so good at disguising itself with said bacteria’s naturally reflective properties that the United States Air Force studied it in aircraft camouflage developmental research. Wild stuff, right? ... "

https://oceanconservancy.org/blog/2020/ ... ean-finds/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

PinkDiamond

crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

PinkDiamond

crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

I had to save the dont dare take your arm back one LOL.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I'm glad y'all liked them. Try these on for size today. :mrgreen:

A young guy from North Dakota moves to Florida and goes to a big “everything under one roof” department store looking for a job.

The Manager says, “Do you have any sales experience?” The kid says “Yeah. I was a vacuum salesman back in North Dakota

Well, the boss was unsure, but he liked the kid and figured he’d give him a shot, so he gave him the job.

“You start tomorrow. I’ll come down after we close and see how you did.”

His first day on the job was rough, but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the boss came down to the sales floor.

“How many customers bought something from you today?” The kid frowns and looks at the floor and mutters, “One”. The boss says “Just one?!!? Our sales people average sales to 20 to 30 customers a day.

That will have to change, and soon, if you’d like to continue your employment here. We have very strict standards for our sales force here in Florida. One sale a day might have been acceptable in North Dakota, but you’re not on the farm anymore, son.”

The kid took his beating, but continued to look at his shoes, so the boss felt kinda bad for chewing him out on his first day. He asked (semi-sarcastically), “So, how much was your one sale for?”

The kid looks up at his boss and says “$101,237.65′′.

The boss, astonished, says $101,237.65?!? What the heck did you sell?”

The kid says, “Well, first, I sold him some new fish hooks. Then I sold him a new fishing rod to go with his new hooks. Then I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down the coast, so I told him he was going to need a boat, so we went down to the boat department and I sold him a twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn’t think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4×4 Expedition.”

The boss said, “A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a boat and a TRUCK!?” The kid said “No, the guy came in here to buy tampons for his wife, and I said, ‘Dude, your weekend’s shot, you should go fishing.’”

PinkDiamond

crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

PinkDiamond

crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »