Nevadas curious gun culture

Anything goes!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

SwordfishMining

Nevadas curious gun culture

Post by SwordfishMining »

Open carry is the practice of wearing a holstered handgun on one's body, usually the hip or leg, unconcealed by clothing (see photo, top), or more rarely, carrying a long-gun such as a rifle or shotgun (generally slung). Nevada has no laws prohibiting open carry and without a law criminalizing something, it is legal to do that thing (NRS 193.120). Know your rights during a police encounter.

No permit is required to openly carry a firearm. Anyone 18 and older who can legally possess a firearm may openly carry virtually anywhere in the state. Minors are not permitted to carry firearms openly outside of very narrow activities (NRS 202.300).

Very few individuals or tourists care about open carry, the skeptical regarding it as a harmless curiosity. It's practically a non-issue. Police officers and dispatchers have been trained that an open carrier minding his or her own business is not a threat or breaking the law. Don't let the fear of public perception or what an ill-informed instructor or friend said deter you from your right to self-defense. Unfortunately, some firearm and concealed carry instructors have been known to lie about the nature and legality of open carry.
Open carry is legal in more places than concealed carry is. Signs on public buildings only prohibit concealed carry (NRS 202.3673).

Do I have to obey ‘no guns’ signs on private property?
No, signs do not have the force of law in Nevada on private property. If the owner or management wants you to leave or disarm, you must comply or you can be arrested for trespassing. Nevada Carry recommends taking your business elsewhere and making sure that the owner or corporate management knows they lost your business for denying you the right to lawfully carry. The majority of Nevada businesses are firearm friendly.

In Nevada, Walmart's and other business' "request" not to open carry does not have the force of law until someone in authority asks you to leave. A verbal "request" can be ignored, but not a formal or implied warning that you will be trespassed. If you refuse a verbal request, a statement like "then I'm going to call the police," should be interpreted by you that they want you to leave and will have you trespassed. Leave or comply at that point or you will be talking to the police about trespassing.
(There are more sections Im not adding here)
Please note, while carrying a long-gun (rifle or shotgun) in a vehicle, there cannot be a cartridge in the chamber, although the magazine may be loaded and locked in the magazine well, or shells may be in the tube.
What is curious is how FEW murders there are for so many guns on every street.
https://www.nevadacarry.org/open-carry.html
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"