Editorial: Views From an Old White Guy

Anything goes!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I couldn't agree more with Robert James on this because I had an article published in the late 90's that exposed bank and judicial fraud and corruption in the Texas county I lived in, which powerful men didn't like so they sic'd the police on me, ordering them to make life difficult for me by arresting me on ridiculous charges, which didn't stick, thank God, but they were stalking me, even driving by my house multiple times a day, and at one point one of them even pulled into my driveway and sat there waiting, so I can definitely relate to what happened to RJ, and agree that law enforcement needs to be reeled in in many states, and held accountable when they violate peoples' rights, which seems to be happening more and more as time goes by.

Thankfully, my ordeal with them did not go on for as long as RJ's, and I was vindicated when an 88 year old Constitution-carrying attorney came out of retirement to defend me, along with the Dean of the law school who kept saying, 'they can't do this to her'; but they persisted and tried their darnedest to pin false charges on me, and such things need to stop happening before the badges will ever be respected again since their job is to protect and serve; not be the strong-arm of the rich and powerful. :!:

Most of you know that I am a staunch conservative, law-and-order guy. I stand with my hand over my heart when the National Anthem is played, and I believe in protecting the rights of women, particularly unborn women. I also respect and love the protection I get from every member of the United States Military. Despite all of this, I fear the police in this country, and that fear is well founded. The police in the United States have been given a level of immunity and operational freedom that allows them to become judge and jury with impunity. Here is how I know, with the Views From an Old White Guy.

In 2009 I was helping in our Neighborhood Watch program on a Halloween Night. Several houses in our neighborhood had been tagged with graffiti and we were trying to prevent that on the night when a lot of this kind of thing happens. Driving down one street there was a huge crowd of drunks blocking the street. I stopped and asked them to keep the street clear, at which point the crowd descended on my Jeep Wrangler. The top was off, and I was totally exposed to these people coming from every direction, with one climbing on the hood screaming. I finally found a clear path that I could drive away.

Shortly afterward I was sitting in my Jeep in front of my house and a San Antonio Police Car drove up and the cops pulled me out of the Jeep. Seems someone in that crowd had a friend on the SAPD and called them reporting that I had hit one of their cars and drove off. I showed the officer that my Jeep had a 2 x 10 inch wood bumper painted black. If I had hit anyone it would show on that wooden bumper. There was no damage. Cop would not listen. He cuffed me, sat me in his car and drove me to the party to allow those in the street to all identify me as the guy who hit one of their cars.

The cop then sat, with me handcuffed in his car, for almost 15 minutes with his book of city codes looking for something to charge me with. Despite no damage to that wooden bumper and no evidence I hit anyone, I was arrested for leaving the scene of an accident without providing identification. The cop used his authority to help his friend get revenge for my trying to keep our neighborhood safe.

In the months that followed, two different insurance investigations proved that (1) my Jeep had not been in any collision, and (2) my Jeep physically could not do the damage reported to the other car. Both facts that were evident at the scene, but the cop was determined to charge me with something anyway. I went to court and expected the charge to be dropped. I was very wrong.

The SAPD officer apparently was angry that he was about to be proven a liar, so he upped the ante. He filed a Class B Felony charge of Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon against me for driving away with the drunk that climbed up on my Jeep hood. I drove about a block to get away from the attacks of that crowd and got the guy off, but that did not matter. Mandatory 2 to 10 years in state prison.

It took 2 years and $20,000.00 to get the felony charge dropped and expunged. But not before the records were made public by the cyber attack group from the Tibet andesine fraud case I helped stop. That is the story they tell on their attack website, although Richard W. Hughes conveniently leaves out the truth. So, the damage was done.

The charges were false and malicious, made by a SAPD officer using the power of his police badge for his own objectives. No recourse for me. No justice for the false accusations.

Fast forward to 2014 and the Amazing Gem and Mineral Museum for Kids. On August 9, a 20 year old drunk kid slammed his car through our museum front wall at 60 miles per hour. We had him on video for 20 minutes after the wreck, going around inside doing massive damage to the rest of the museum that his car did not finish.

I submitted the video to the local police department with a formal complaint, asking what kind of charges were going to be brought? None was the answer. No evidence of this being anything but a car accident. The police detective ignored the video proving damage done in a part of the building that was not even impacted by the wreck itself. I found out why.

The 20 year old kid had been a big gun in the local high school baseball team. He was going to college on a big baseball scholarship and was already being groomed by the major league teams. So, I was basically told to forget the 25 years of my life collecting these gems and minerals that the kid destroyed. Forget the video where he was so obviously very drunk doing all manner of damage inside. The kid’s a local hero so he gets a walk, and my damages…..I was expected to just endure them and move on. The police literally told me to shut up about it or they would charge me with something.

Once again, the police use their badges, authority, and immunity to further their own personal objectives.

It was extremely difficult to watch, right there on video, that Minneapolis police officer kill George Floyd, handcuffed with his head pressed against the pavement. I was outraged. But it has been even more outrageous to watch the looters and rioters steal the thunder away from the protesters who say “enough is enough” from the police who have a long history of abuse of authority. The real message is being lost among the tear gas and rubber bullets, broken store fronts and stolen dreams of small businesses.

It is sad that the message of Black Lives Matter is being lost at the hands of Antifa and other political organizations creating chaos at the demonstrations.

For those of you who have been fortunate enough never to have a run in with the police in this country, as an old white guy I have to tell you that the Black Lives Matter movement has a solid foundation on which to state their case.

Caught in between the Antifa rioters and the Police Swat teams are people trying to get a message out that needs to be told.

I did my protesting against the Vietnam War. I am too old to go out in this one, otherwise I would be out on the street. But this message is no less important to the future of our country than ours was in 1972.

It is time we restore law and order. It is also time we control those who enforce law and order.

Robert James FGA, GG

President, International School of Gemology

Property and Casualty Adjuster, Texas Department of Insurance #1300433

Member: National Association of Independent Insurance Adjusters

©2020 International School of Gemology. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. We encourage sharing and caring throughout the industry as long as all copyrights are left intact.

ISG
International School of Gemology
PO Box 1727
Helotes, TX 78023
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: Editorial: Views From an Old White Guy

Post by SwordfishMining »

If we had 2-3 times as many police and full cooperation like the Japanese people provide their protectors, maybe it would not have become such a war zone. There could have been more training, oversight & broadening of mission over all these years to keep corruption and complaints out. Without offshoring all our manufacturing jobs (Green Accounting) then incentivizing supporting broken homes caused this education/opportunity failure that has the streets filled. Now if its all looters refusing to not riot or go to honest work search/college/move? Their universities are at their cell phone.

That seems to be a big problem with a lot of the issues out there. It isn't corruption if I'm doing it or Don't see, don't care whistling past the graveyard in a bubble. Problem is that protection does not end at your nose except under the law.

My nemesis has done more to keep police under the laws or out of the loopholes in his case than me in the grand scheme of things. It's all relative. Maybe being a ratter helped out in the long run? We do not live in a bubble and everybody has to pitch in or the pitch will be lit.

PS I"m aware of my privilege and where you stand is what your reality is. Im sure there are citizens getting hosed in Japan if they step out of line. Of course thats better than getting organ harvested for thinking wrong by a ruthless regime. Perfect was never an option, only talk or action.
I have no nice suit or Easter clothes for the get out of jail free dance.

I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
SalvorHardin

Post by SalvorHardin »

Wow.. Sad to read that! America is such a strange place, but again, these abnormal behavior appear more and more everywhere as richer people get more and more out of reality and far from normal people
SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

Ahh, It's not just the wacky rich in today's societies, there are lots a wacky poor people too. The secret is trying to have a good attitude about it. Most people I know manage to go day to day fine dealing with their personal tragedies that move among us all equally fairly well as a whole. It would be nice if the bullies did not gravitate to positions of power, but they always have and they always will.
Civilization removes them if everybody acts as a cohesive unit...mind you ya gotta watch the religion in that one & sometimes its a civilization removing you. Populations are unable to control their destiny, just their actions. Vote often and vote well. Dont be a single issue voter, support whats best for everyone overall. hint hint
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"