The devastation of Oz

Anything goes!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

The devastation of Oz

Post by PinkDiamond »

I've been terribly worried about our members and friends in Oz with those fires decimating so many homes and areas across the land, so I tried to reach them, and thankfully I did hear back from mick, so he's alright, although the town he moved from wasn't so fortunate and they have lost 30 souls there. I'm thanking God that mick bought his house and moved when he did, and I also heard back from Wayne, and they are still alright too, but with this not under control, anything could happen. They're all choking on the smoke, but at least they're still unscathed.

I'm still concerned about mehoose and Speckee, so if anyone knows other ways to try to contact them please do and let us know if you hear back or not, and if you know of any other members in Oz please add their names to this thread so we can try to reach them. So many are without power, but hopefully we will hear from them when they can, and of course, please keep all of Oz in your thoughts and prayers, which I'm sure y'all are already doing, but I had to make sure to ask. Image
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
rocks2dust

Re: The devastation of Oz

Post by rocks2dust »

Thanks for the update. Increasing drought + record heat is a terrible combination for anyone living outside the cities - and just living in smoke is horrible enough.
r2d

surplus odds and ends that I have on ebid.net
· Xtra gemstones
· Xcess fossils, minerals and rough
· Everything else
SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

It does not help the South Pole is headed that way with its "earth weather" effects. The say the swings are just going to get wilder too. Time to fort up as best one can. I haven't had any horror reports from family yet. Im praying for them all too as its a situation.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
mehoose

Post by mehoose »

Oh Pink..sorry for worrying you! i'm okay!
Will try to remember to chat properly 2moro. big hugs woman..late night snack about ta happen. :mrgreen:
mehoose

Post by mehoose »

Down here in Tassie we were luckier than the Mainland. We'd copped it hard the year before though.

Don't want to get all political but folk need to take their 'blinkers' off and realise that there's a reason for allowing grazing in the forest..it's called helping to keep the undergrowth down. If they don't want to allow it every year, make it every couple. The wildlife will get out of the way of slow moving grazers a damn site easier than trying to outrun out of control bush fires. They need to find the balance.
There'll always be fires but there was no need for this intensity.
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

What a wonderful surprise to see that mehoose checked in and made it through the fires as well as the plague! I'm delighted to see you, and relieved now so my mind can be at rest about your safety. And welcome back! It's been such a long time, and you have definitely been missed. Image
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
mehoose

Post by mehoose »

Nawwwww, back at ya woman! xo