KJ's going to Paris!

Anything goes!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

kjsspot

KJ's going to Paris!

Post by kjsspot »

Hey y'all! Sorry I've been elusive lately. Been sick WAY too long. It's FINALLY starting to break up 45 days later. Yuck!! Terrible stuff out there this year. I've not been doing anything lapidary related except buying rocks... I'm itching to get back to it but when you're lungs are compromised it's probably not the best idea to be cutting rock. :)

BUT I'm MEGA excited to announce that I'm going to Paris in 3 weeks!!! I've never been outside of the US except one time to Canada as a kid that I don't remember. I got GREAT prices. $1500 covers BOTH of us for air & hotel for 6 days. I know it's the off season, rainy and cold, but it'll still be warmer than Fargo! I've always wanted to go to Paris. I wanted to live there for a few years out of high school but that didn't work out. As an artist it's the first place I've always wanted to travel.

The day we arrive we'll be going to see the ballet Onegin at the Palais Garnier. It's a dramatic love story by one the top ballet companies in the world. I feel so privileged to be able to watch such beauty! And then on my birthday, 2/27, I'll be eating dinner at a Michelin rated restaurant in the Eiffel Tower! What an iconic way to spend a birthday.

We'll be staying in the Montmartre arrondissement which is a bit out of center of Paris. BUT it's where Toulouse Lautrec, Van Gogh, Picasso, Duchamp, Matisse, Modigliani, Renoir, Degas, Dali all played! I'm just swooning.... <3

Now... I just gotta make sure hubby & I don't get separated of I'll never see him again.... lol lol lol

This is me, playing with make-up for Paris!
Attachments
27709682_10215078893469385_7802331572734668270_o.jpg
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt
rocks2dust

Re: KJ's going to Paris!

Post by rocks2dust »

That's great! You should have a fabulous time. Other than chances of rain, you bet it will be warmer than Fargo (I remember ficus - rubber tree - plants quite happily living outside a hotel). I only wish I had taken more time going through the museums when I was there. The Louvre and Versailles are musts, but if you can make it over to the Left Bank, there is even a nice mineralogy museum on the edge of the Luxembourg Gardens. The subway system is excellent, so you shouldn't have any problem getting around (even from the airport). Brushing up in advance on how the subway/train system works will be time well spent.
r2d

surplus odds and ends that I have on ebid.net
· Xtra gemstones
· Xcess fossils, minerals and rough
· Everything else
SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

Sounds like great fun for a great price and off season is always less crowded and more "in country". Have fun beautiful. Yeah keep him close or white slavers will get you!
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
KKHK

Post by KKHK »

Sounds fun, hope you get everything the way you dreamed about.
Don't forget us; trip report with lots of pictures are expected.... :) :)
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Yes, I already told KJ pics are a must, so we can be there with her vicariously thru the pics. I offered to go in her suitcase to interpret for her, but she's already solving that with French tapes. Bonjour où sont les toilettes? :lol:

That's a trip of a lifetime, KJ, especially since you'll get to celebrate your birthday having dinner in the Eiffel Tower. You're going to have a blast, and I am tickled pink for you, while at the same time green with envy. :mrgreen:
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)