GOBSMACKED! The Book...and the Website

Important information the public should know

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

GOBSMACKED! The Book...and the Website

Post by PinkDiamond »

This is such a blemish on the industry that I'm putting it in the consumer information category, so people will know the names of the players involved in the fraud, and will know who and what they're dealing with if they associate with or do business with them. I was there as one of his earliest students, as was MoDo, and I can attest to the scenario Robert James describes in this book, and I had first-hand experience with the ongoing hatred and public thrashing of any of us involved with the school, as well as the sexual comments he mentions. The person in question actually posted a nude photo of himself one day when I, and I think MoDo stayed in the room after the chat had broken up, and he made vicious personally oriented sexual comments to me that were abusive later on in another chat room after the you-know-what hit the fan. So I know these people, and what he says happened so far is true and I can verify his story so far.

I will copy the newsletter here, and post the link to the site where you can meet the individuals and see how they behaved at the AGTA gem fair in Tucson, all because they knew RJ was hot on their trail, and believe me; the threats were not idle threats they made. They carried them out.

And one more thing. The players involved are the exact people, and are the reason why there's a ban on posting links to 'their' site here on this forum, which was done due to personal attacks by them on me, as well as others, some of which are, or have been members here.

I will post the link to the rest of the book when it is released. In the meantime, here are the players and the first 3 chapters of the book. As an aside, I will tell you that the person mentioned above eventually took his own life, which is sad because he had a brilliant mind, and had been a good friend early on.

I think you will find this to be a VERY interesting read, and remember; this really did happen, and the dust has obviously not settled yet. :!:

GOBSMACKED!
The Book...and the Website

Exposing the dark side of the international gemstone industry.

For anyone who thinks the Tibet andesine fraud story is a thing of history, please think again. The fraud is ongoing, the players involved are still locked in a struggle, and the whole mess has done enormous damage to those who tried to put an end to the fraud.

The internet cyber-attack against the Insurance Institute of Jewelry Appraisal, formerly the International School of Gemology, has done immeasurable damage to not only the school but also every student and graduate who has studied with us.

For the past several years I have been asked to write this book, and tell the full story of the Tibet andesine fraud fiasco. I have held off hoping that the bad guys would grow tired of seeking revenge and let the whole mess end. That has not happened and I have come to the point of believing that they are never going to do that. So, I have relented and am writing the full story, with names and organizations involved, including the court testimonies and affidavit information that proves the thing is a fraud and the players discussed were part of it.

Below I offer you a link to the information website and a three chapter excerpt of the book. I promised to have the book done by now but it is taking longer than anticipated due to the volumes of information, names, and organizations that were involved. So here are the first three chapters. The rest is coming on June 20. Click the (link below the) book cover below to visit the website, learn about the Gobsmacked Gang and read the first three chapters of the book.

Pictured below: Tim Spauwen of Lang Antiques, Helen Mayer of Helen Mayer Arts and Illustrations, Jeffery Bergman of Prima Gem and Alberto Scarani of GemmoRaman. Nice masks folks. Scary as hell. But no longer for me, perhaps now for you.

http://gobsmackedgang.com/

To quote Dylan Thomas once again:

Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Robert James FGA, GG
President, Insurance Institute of Jewelry Appraisal
Property and Casualty Adjuster, License #TDI1300433
Member: National Association of Independent Insurance Adjusters

The Insurance Institute of Jewelry Appraisal Inc. is designated by the IRS as a 501(c)3 Non-Profit Charity committed to providing professional quality education and support to the industry. All donations to the IIJA are tax deductible under the IRS designation.

We want to thank those who have donated and continue to donate on a monthly basis to help support this effort.

To contact the IIJA, please use this link: https://instituteofappraisal.com/contact-us/

©2019 Insurance Institute of Jewelry Appraisal Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. We encourage sharing and caring throughout the industry as long as all copyrights are left intact.

IIJA
Insurance Institute of Jewelry Appraisal Inc.
PO Box 1727
Helotes, TX 78023
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: GOBSMACKED! The Book...and the Website

Post by SwordfishMining »

Good on you Robert. Keep kicking the rocks off the vermin under the rocks using larceny to be greedy. Just like the psychopath who has been attacking me for decades, the fact they are out to ruin you or eek out a revenge shows the darkness of their souls and the pettiness of their minds. We all know the others who get close to them in business have to have like minds and conspire with them or they too will be thrown under the bus whenever they are not useful anymore. Thats how those scum types roll.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

The book is out and now available, and quite reasonably priced in the early offer here. Sad that it needed to be written, but they made their beds and now they can lie in them. ... pun intended. :?

GOBSMACKED!
The Book is now available
Exposing the dark side of the international gemstone industry.

This book is the true story of an 11 year period when the author and certain members of the international gemstone industry dealt with the most massive case of fraud in the history of the gemstone industry. The story exposes what happens behind the scenes when the television shopping channels, the major gem grading labs and Chinese gemstone treaters get together to perpetrate the most massive fraud in the history of the gemstone industry. This is a true story that includes information from the actual court documents as the case went to the California Supreme Court before it was done.

Print edition is 170 pages, signed by the author, and currently offered at a special pre-publication price of $10 until July 1 and ships via USPS Priority after July 8.

PDF edition is 66 pages with added pictures and is available for immediate download. $5 proceeds go to the operating fund of the Insurance Institute of Jewelry Appraisal.

Click here https://ebookgemology.com/product/gobsm ... -industry/ to visit the eBookGemology.com bookstore of the Insurance Institute of Jewelry Appraisal Inc. to order or download this important expose' of what goes on behind the scenes in the international gemstone industry.

Pictured above: Tim Spauwen of Lang Antiques, Helen Mayer of Helen Mayer Arts and Illustrations, Jeffery Bergman of Prima Gem and Alberto Scarani of GemmoRaman. Nice masks folks. Scary as hell.

Robert James FGA, GG
President, Insurance Institute of Jewelry Appraisal Inc.
Property and Casualty Insurance Adjuster, Texas Department of Insurance #1300433

The Insurance Institute of Jewelry Appraisal Inc. is designated by the IRS as a 501(c)3 Non-Profit Charity committed to providing professional quality education and support to the industry. All donations to the IIJA are tax deductible under the IRS designation.

We want to thank those who have donated and continue to donate on a monthly basis to help support this effort.

To contact the IIJA, please use this link: https://instituteofappraisal.com/contact-us/

©2019 Insurance Institute of Jewelry Appraisal Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. We encourage sharing and caring throughout the industry as long as all copyrights are left intact.

IIJA
Insurance Institute of Jewelry Appraisal Inc.
PO Box 1727
Helotes, TX 78023
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
rocks2dust

Post by rocks2dust »

I've pre-ordered a copy. It will be interesting as to how deep into the morass the book will go. Why did there seem to be almost total silence from the gemological community (apart from RJ), and even the appearance of collusion by some in the fraud, until things finally started to unravel? I well remember the frustration. A fairy-tale based on some irrational premises and unscientific assertions on the part of the very folks making $ off the fraud. I'm still of the opinion that this should be viewed as organized crime on an international scale. And sadly, it still goes on, despite what should have been viewed as a wake-up call.
r2d

surplus odds and ends that I have on ebid.net
· Xtra gemstones
· Xcess fossils, minerals and rough
· Everything else
SwordfishMining

I bought the e-copy.
rocks2dust

Post by rocks2dust »

Got my print copy yesterday and was not disappointed. Was a great read written in a compelling style that kept me going right through to the end. Though I closely followed and tried to do my tiny bit during this unedifying cycle of scam and coverup, it was satisfying to read a sweeping overview of the whole, unholy arc.

For many of us older folk, the book may bring to mind the words of Joseph Welch to Senator Joe McCarthy: "Until this moment, Senator, I think I never really gauged your cruelty or your recklessness. Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?"

And for some in the gem business, even after this brazen fraud, it seems there is no further low level to which they will not sink. If there are some honest souls still in the gemology lab business and related fields, I'd urge them to consider that - even at this very, very late date - by being honest and upfront about what happened, and joining in condemning the further perpetuation by far too many of the fraud, they would be enhancing their reputations. Coming clean is the first step toward redemption and restoration.

Doubling-down on lies and slander does nothing but further harm to themselves, the industry, and the public.
r2d

surplus odds and ends that I have on ebid.net
· Xtra gemstones
· Xcess fossils, minerals and rough
· Everything else
SwordfishMining

If i had the physical copy it would go in my library next to the best government money can buy book. I still have not found the time to read it knowing the story already.