Charlie Dolly Makes the Move to Lab-Grown Diamonds

Man-made stones

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

It's like this is a new fad with companies switching from selling natural, to lab-grown diamonds so it's not surprising that actress Rebecca Romijn's company, Charlie Dolly, would follow suit. One would assume that means their prices went down to reflect the reduced value of the diamonds, but the article doesn't discuss that. There's a slideshow in this one so use the link to check it other pieces from her line. ;)

The “Thick Mini Diamond Hoop Earrings” from Charlie Dolly’s second collection, which features lab-grown diamonds, sell for $2,025.

"New York—In their first few years, new brands must experiment to find their specific market niche.

Emerging fine jewelry line Charlie Dolly has solidified one aspect of its brand identity, pivoting from natural to lab-grown diamonds.

The creative brainchild of actress Rebecca Romijn launched just shy of American pandemic lockdowns last year, with an ethereal array of easy-to-wear laser-pierced diamond styles.

Born into a family of artists in freewheeling Berkeley, California, Romijn describes herself as “[someone who has] to make something every single day.”

Charlie Dolly, named for her twin daughters, marks the actress, television host, and model’s first creative venture with her at the helm as creative director.

The launch of her second collection, “Float,” marks a turn to lab-grown diamonds.

Not only are all the diamond styles in that collection lab-grown, but Romijn will also produce those from the first with lab-grown diamonds going forward.

“Float” also incorporates colored gemstones for the first time in earnest, after experimenting with one-off styles to benefit a cancer awareness charity, as well as a collaboration with friend and fellow designer Maya Brenner.

Now, delicate Y necklaces and dangling ear threader earrings feature blue and pink sapphires.

“While I launched the brand with just diamond options, I have always been drawn to colored stones, so I am thrilled to now be able to add sapphires into the mix,” said Romijn.

“In designing this collection, I took inspiration from the ocean and the feeling of summertime with friends and family, something that I am so looking forward to after the past year.”

The collection recently launched on CharlieDolly.com, starting at $1,053 for a single threader earring and topping off at ... "

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/article ... n-diamonds
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)