Britt’s Pick: This Custom Sea-Inspired Wedding Set by Maggi Simpkins

Man-made stones

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I went to post this under gemstones, but since she used moissanite for the focal stone I changed my mind since they're synthetic. The stones in the other two parts of the wedding set are natural, but I was disappointed she used moissanite because although the set is very ornate, I think it's gorgeous; almost ethereal. 8-)

July 7, 2020 by Brittany Siminitz

"I first “met” designer Maggi Simpkins years ago. I don’t remember how I learned of her jewelry brand at the time, M by Maggnolia, but it didn’t take long or much convincing to make me the proud owner of two of her creations—a tight-fitting necklace that hugged my neck like a golden tattoo and a gilded ear climber that made me feel like a total goddess every time I wore it.

My ear sporting my M by Maggnolia ear climber, July 2014

Simpkins has developed her brand—now eponymously named—well beyond those (very affordable) fashion pieces, into a custom engagement ring business the likes of which you’d be hard-pressed to find elsewhere.

While any piece of jewelry can tell a story, Simpkins has the ability to paint a picture of her customers’ experiences in a way that’s not just in the eye of the beholder, but for anyone who looks at it.

This recent engagement set is a perfect example. You wouldn’t know that the couple for whom it was made met on a dive boat in Indonesia, but you could probably glean the influence that water had on its design.

Custom three-ring wedding set by Maggi Simpkins

A series of aquamarines, sapphires, and opal “bubbles” lends an element of creation you rarely see in engagement sets (how many have you seen featuring opals?!), the gemstone combination part of two separate bands that hug the pear-shape moissanite center of the engagement ring on both sides like bejeweled bibs or tiaras.

If the sea-inspired gemstone elements didn’t tip you off, the engagement ring itself features ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -simpkins/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)