Swarovski Debuts 16 New Lab-Created Diamond Colors

Man-made stones

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Swarovski crystals have always been a favorite of mine for costume jewelry, and now they're putting out synthetic diamonds in luscious colors with kitschy names. So I'm interested in them, but this article doesn't give any indication on pricing, so we don't know if these will be like DeBeers' synths which sell for $800/ct., or competitively priced to undercut them or not. We'll find out soon enough, but in the meantime I'm dreaming of a bubble gum pink diamond for myself. How about you, would you wear them, and what color(s)? 8-)

January 24, 2020 by Emili Vesilind

"Androgyny Flamingo. Cubist Sky. Gothic Cognac. Draped Fire. They’re not names of Brooklyn indie rock bands. They’re monikers for four of 16 new lab-created colored diamonds Swarovski debuted at Paris Haute Couture Fashion Week last week.

The iconic Austrian crystal maker has been created and marketing lab-grown diamonds since 2018, but is now moving into the space with gusto—and a decidedly Diamonds 2.0 spirit.

The company has categorized the eye-popping new assortment of cushion-cut created diamonds into four pillars, “each referencing one of the creative communities in which Swarovski has always played a vital role: fashion, art, music and architecture,” according to a company statement.

Each “pillar” contains four cushion-cut laboratory-created diamonds, led by a hero color—the boldest of the four—available in a chunky 2.5 ct. size. The other three colors are 1.25 ct. each. For the installation in Paris, the diamonds were produced in extra-large sizes. But the standard selection in fancy colors will be offered from 0.25 ct. to 1.5 ct.

The lab-made diamonds are graded like any other diamonds. But Swarovski knows its fashion-conscious buyers shop on looks and labels—and this collection is brimming with both. The 125-year-old company gleefully celebrates its spirit of nonconformity in the naming of the new colored diamonds. Each color has been given a fantastical name that “reflects the creative field that inspired the hue,” according to the same statement.

The hero colors are Androgyny Flamingo (fashion), Cubist Sky (art), Heavy Metal Cherry (music) and Gothic Cognac (architecture). Other colors include Punk Lipstick, Surrealist Butter, Draped Fire, and Electro Arctic.

“Swarovski Created Diamonds are the marriage of ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -diamonds/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: Swarovski Debuts 16 New Lab-Created Diamond Colors

Post by SwordfishMining »

Good on them with their patented blends. I do like adjective filled names as much as source ones. This means my "Burning Fire" or "Stars" patterns from virgin Valley are valid from the unique point of view. Most other patterns we can use Ethiopian or Australian descriptors. I will say Ive ONLY seen crossed plume stars from Nevada and the area is NOT dug out. The owners balked at pictures being shared in public for the possible buyers desire. Maybe they will share them someday. I think those branches would cut as they did go back and forth from dry with out crazing, but not my opal and it would be a sin to destroy the specimen for adornment.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"