Outdoors

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

OpalSpectrum

Outdoors

Post by OpalSpectrum »

Hi there , I want to share a bit about my 'hobbies' and stuff I do :D
I spend a lot of time outdoors , not only to have a good time but also to explore and discover things .. this way I try to 'join or bring together' my other passions & hobbies like history , art , gemstones etc ...
the area I live is not only beautiful but also has very interesting and rich history also it's probably the best in terms of gemmology & prospecting but I don't mean top grade gems :roll:
there are so many cool places here it's impossible to see them all > stuff from ancient era to medieval castles and ruins to wwii nazi bases ...
on top of that there are infinite number of quarries , mines and shafts - in the last couple of years I've visited more then 100 , ? ( I will post stuff about prospecting in my other topic )

here I'll post some other stuff from my trips which might be interesting :)

Last weekend I went to visit 1 place with ancient barrows which are in very nice old forrest .. ( this place is practically unknown to the 'tourists' )
.. my problem was that I didn't have good map and to find it I had to 'explore' a lot more area .. and because of that I 'discovered' something I didn't expect to find .. it was the eagle nest ! I was very surprised because eagles in this area are very rare - there are quite common in different parts of my country but here I've never seen it before .. anyway the eagle was just stunning and it was really amazing experience - but because I didn't have too much time I had to come back there next day :) .. and it turned out that there is a pair 8-) ( but I was unable to make photo of 2 eagles ) .. it's hard to describe how cool it was ... but I was even more happy because for a long time i wanted to have eagle feather (but it's impossible to buy it) and I've found more then 1 ;) :o 8-)

here is the video from 1st day
enjoy

btw. in this video you can also see raven which was attacking the eagle :P

here 1 of the feathers :)

greets
:geek:

>>> Firmitas Utilitas Venustas <<<
PinkDiamond

Re: Outdoors

Post by PinkDiamond »

How cool is that, OpalS! Congratulations on finding the nest and getting that feather you wanted, and thanks so much for sharing your adventure. Way to go!! :)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
OpalSpectrum

Post by OpalSpectrum »

Thanks Pink :) I knew you will like it
I need to 'make' 1 more video and I'll post it later with couple more photos

crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

8-)
Rockranger1

Post by Rockranger1 »

Thats one more thing you can knock off the bucket list OS! 8-)
OpalSpectrum

Post by OpalSpectrum »

:)
yes & I'm very happy because it was totally unexpected

here 1 more video from the 2nd day

+ photo of pheasant from the same trip :P

crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

Beautiful :!:
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

That video was even better than the first OS, thanks so much for sharing it with us. That's a beautiful pheasant, too. You didn't by any chance have pheasant under glass that night, did you? :lol:
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
kjsspot

Post by kjsspot »

Whoa! Way cool! Eagles are very impressive!
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt
OpalSpectrum

Post by OpalSpectrum »

thanks again :)

PinkDiamond wrote:That video was even better than the first OS, thanks so much for sharing it with us. That's a beautiful pheasant, too. You didn't by any chance have pheasant under glass that night, did you? :lol:

LoL - no :) here you can't hunt wild animals without special 'license/permission' which you also need to own a gun // althouth there are some cases of poachers ..etc

last saturday I went for a short trip in the mountains and found skull of mouflon ( type of wild 'mountain' sheep > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouflon ) and boar :shock: this could be some poachers work but I'm not sure