jakesrocks

Re: Leather carving & crafting.

Post by jakesrocks »

A while back Pink asked for roses. Here ya go girl. I give you roses. :twisted:

Plus a few others.

jakesrocks

Post by jakesrocks »

My set of Kelly limited edition tools arrived from New Zealand today. Just like the earlier Kelly tools these are very high quality, and gold plated. Can't wait to try these out. I'll use a large scrap of leather & make an impression of each tool which I'll edit in below the pic of the tools.

Impressions left by these tools.

jakesrocks

Post by jakesrocks »

I've started investing in leather tools from Bulgaria. These are some of the finest tools I have ever seen. Each head is hand cut on an engraving machine from solid brass. The shanks are stainless steel & thread into the head. Since each is hand cut & finished, these are low production tools. Something seldom seen goes into each of these tools. That is pride of craftsmanship. These arrived today. The first of 4 orders I've sent.

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Now those tools are impressive! :)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
Brightlights

Post by Brightlights »

Wow, leather working and tools are just like jewelry and tools! Lots of variety to invest in! I like the thread jake, look forward to following it!

Maybe for you Chris can get the domain leatherholicsanoymous.com and point it right to your thread?! :lol:
Too many beautiful distractions... https://twitter.com/burningems
jakesrocks

Post by jakesrocks »

Brightlights, I'm still a rockhound & lapidary at heart. I'm just having to slow down in my old age. Many years ago while traveling the globe with the navy I didn't have access to lapidary equipment, or the free time to do a lot of rock hunting. So to occupy my free time, and to maintain my sanity I got into leathercraft. I made good money making & selling leather goods to my fellow sailors & their wives. Often exceeding my navy pay. All was word of mouth so my profits were tax free. After retiring from the navy I again had access to lapidary equipment and quit the leather business. Now after many years away I've decided to get back into it as a hobby.
jakesrocks

Post by jakesrocks »

"Maybe for you Chris can get the domain leatherholicsanoymous.com and point it right to your thread?! :lol:"

I'm afraid a domain like that might attract those who are into whips & leather restraints. :twisted:
Lydia

Post by Lydia »

I'd love to see the impressions of the new Bulgarian tools. They look lovely.
jakesrocks

Post by jakesrocks »

Lydia, I received 3 more stamps from them today. There are 2 more packages coming. When I have all that I've ordered I'll do a sample stamping with each one. In the meantime the stamps I got today will be put to use on a belt I'm making for a friend. I'll be doing a step by step layout of the belt to post.

Some of these stamps come in sets of 2 or 3 which are meant to be used together to produce the desired pattern.
Lydia

Post by Lydia »

jakesrocks wrote:I'll be doing a step by step layout of the belt to post.

That's a great idea. I look forward to it.