Jewelry Artists Most Embarrassing Moments in the Jewelry Studio and Beyond

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Jewelry Artists Most Embarrassing Moments in the Jewelry Studio and Beyond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I almost put these in the humour thread because they're pretty amusing, so I hope y'all enjoy reading about them, and they made me want to ask y'all for your own SNAFU moments that have happened while you were working, so if you have any, please entertain us by telling us what happened, and how you solved it ...if you did. :lol:

Jewelry Artists Tell All: Our Most Embarrassing Moments in the Jewelry Studio and Beyond
February 21, 2018 | Author: Katie Hacker

"We’ve all had them. Those little (and not so little) accidents in the jewelry studio and misunderstandings that keep us humble at the bench. Thankfully, a lot of them occur in private while we’re working solo. But there are also embarrassing moments that take place in front of a customer or a room full of students. If you’re nodding your head in recognition, fear not! You are not alone.

Kristen Baird jewelry studio embarrassing moments

Kristen Baird

Designer Kristen Baird makes fine jewelry and participates in a lot of shows. She says, “Most people don’t realize what actually happens in a jewelry studio–the fact that it’s a dirty and not so glamorous environment most of the time. My most embarrassing stories usually revolve around leaving the studio without looking at myself in the mirror. There have been occasions where I show up to an event and someone pulls me to the side to let me know that I have black (polishing compound) smudges on my face or the dreaded ‘compound mustache.'”

Riveting Essentials inventor Gwen Youngblood had a more dangerous situation.

Gwen Youngblood

She says, “I was finishing up a busy week at a national show. I had given everyone the ‘torch safety’ spiel: Watch where you point the torch, everything will be hot, don’t reach over a lit or unlit torch, blah, blah, blah. Fast forward a few minutes and I was trying to help a student with soldering and . . . wait for it, wait for it . . . Yup, I reached in front of a lit torch and burned my hand. Really burned it. Yikes!!”

When she first started making jewelry, Halstead jewelry studio coordinator Erica Stice got a brand-new Dremel tool and was super excited to use it.

Erica Stice

She leaned in to get a closer look at her work and, next thing you know, disaster. “My bangs got wrapped up in it; the Dremel started smoking and died. I had to use scissors to cut my hair out of the tool.” Ouch.

No One Got Hurt, So It’s OK to Laugh

Thankfully, not all embarrassing jewelry studio moments involve physical injury. Now That’s a Jig! inventor Brenda Schweder has caught many of hers on film during her weekly Facebook Live broadcasts. ... "

https://www.interweave.com/article/jewe ... barrassing
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)