Breitling Releases Classic Cars Capsule Collection

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

As a rule I don't normally care for red, and I was never fond of Corvettes so the red model doesn't appeal to me, and although I always liked Mustangs, the green Mustang model doesn't particularly appeal to me either, but I did always like Shelby Cobras, which they feature as the blue model so that's my favorite of the three. Which is yours? :?: :)

Breitling’s new capsule collection takes its inspiration from classic American cars.

"New York—Breitling’s newest watches are an ode to classic Americana.

The three new racing chronographs are inspired by the Chevrolet Corvette, Ford Mustang, and the Shelby Cobra, all American-made models, as well as Breitling’s Top Time models from the 1960s.

Accordingly, the “Top Time Classic Cars” capsule collection has a retro feel.

“It’s about the journey, not the tempo,” Breitling CEO Georges Kern said. “And that’s true whether you’re tinkering under the hood or hitting the road for a Sunday ride celebrating these beautiful machines.”

Retailing for $5,500, they feature brightly colored dials and calfskin leather straps.

The stainless-steel casebacks are engraved with the cars’ respective logos.

Breitling’s Top Time Chevrolet Corvette ($5,500)

The Top Time Chevrolet Corvette timepiece has a red dial with black tachymeter scale and black contrasting subdials. The design is based on the Corvette C2 from the mid-1960s, referred to as the “Sting Ray.” The second-generation Corvette was distributed from 1963 to 1967.

Breitling’s Top Time Ford Mustang timepiece ($5,500)

The Top Time Ford Mustang timepiece has a green dial with black accents and a brown calfskin leather strap. Its inspiration is the first-generation Ford Mustang produced between 1964 and 1969.

Finally, the Top Time Shelby Cobra has a blue dial with white tachymeter scale and contrasting subdials, plus a brown leather strap. Introduced in 1962, the Cobra combined a small, light chassis with American big-block engine.

Breitling’s Top Time Shelby Cobra timepiece ($5,500)

The Chevrolet Corvette and Ford Mustang versions have ... "

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/article ... collection
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)