Casio Taps Arcade Classic for New Watch

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

How cute! They don't give information on the watch's price, so I did a search and found that it's due to hit the stores on August 21st, and the price I saw quoted was 12,100 yen, with an ebay seller I saw offering it for $259.99, so it's reasonably priced, although I don't know how he can be selling it prior to its release, but that's what I saw, and there's a second photo behind the last pic to check out. What a hoot. :lol:

Casio and Pac-Man are teaming up on a new watch inspired by the classic arcade game.

"Tokyo—Video game fans, rejoice!

Casio Computer Co. Ltd. found inspiration for its latest watch in one of the most popular arcade games of all time—Pac-Man.

Released in 1980 by Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc. (then just Namco), Pac-Man quickly became an arcade staple and a fan favorite.

Two years earlier, in 1978, Casio released its F-100 digital watch, the first Casio quartz watch in a resin case, complete with a stopwatch and calendar functions.

Flash-forward a few decades, Casio is reissuing the F-100 and bringing Pac-Man in on the fun.

EMBED: See Casio’s Pac-Man Watch

The new A100WEPC model is based on the recently released A100 watch, a nod to the original F-100 that includes the four-button front layout.

The retro-chic watch features pixelated game characters, including Pac-Man himself as well as the colorful ghosts he gobbles up along the way.

The watch face is inspired by the Pac-Man game screen, taking all the little details into account, including the pink line that marks the exit of the little box from which the ghosts emerge.

The gold-plated watch case is an ode to the color of the Pac-Man arcade game cabinet.

The center “Illuminator” logo is written in the classic Pac-Man font while the case back features the Pac-Man logo and game icons.

The top of the watch band has a laser ... "

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/article ... -new-watch
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)