Accutron Revives a Vintage Classic Loved by ‘The King’

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I have to admit I don't particularly care for the style of this watch, but I'm sure the limited edition of it will sell out fast. :)

By Ashley Davis
Ashley.Davis@nationaljeweler.com
February 24, 2021

Pictured at left is the new Accutron 521. At right is one of the original versions, this one owned by Elvis Presley.

"New York—There’s always a demand for vintage timepieces, so Accutron is bringing back one of its most beloved editions.

Part of the Accutron Legacy Collection, which features reissues of some of Accutron’s most popular and memorable styles from the 1960s and 1970s, the Accutron 521 timepiece originally debuted in 1960.

According to the watchmaker, Elvis Presley owned one of the originals, which it has now acquired.

The offset, asymmetrical design made it unique in the marketplace when it debuted. The original was rendered in a 14-karat gold-filled case with mineral glass crystal and a snap-on case back.

Now, the new Accutron 521 recreates the original with the same asymmetrical case design, crown placement near 3 o’clock and 32.8 millimeter by 32.55 millimeter case, which Accutron noted makes it ideal as a unisex piece.

The new edition has a gold-tone stainless steel case with a mesh-style bracelet with double-press deployant closure. The three-hand silverish white dial features double-stick hour markers.

It utilizes the Swiss-made 26-jewel movement and is water-resistant to 30 meters.

A second model offers another bracelet option, with a brown lizard-embossed leather strap, also with double-press deployant buckle closure.

Each model is limited to ... "

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/watches ... y-the-king
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)