Hublot’s Latest Wristwatch Is an Ode to Summer in Capri

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I was surprised to find such a beautiful and subtly colorful timepiece in this article that really appeals to me for summer, since it's not a shocking blue. Nice going, Hublot! They also mention other watchmakers producing colorful models, but I can't imagine myself wanting to wear a UV-purple color watch. :lol:

July 6, 2020 by Victoria Gomelsky

"You may not be able to travel to the Italian island of Capri this summer, but Hublot’s newest chronograph is the best way to experience the destination vicariously.

Inspired by Capri’s famous Blue Grotto, a natural sea cave whose azure waters glow with silvery reflections of light, the new Classic Fusion Chronograph Special Edition Capri comes in a 45 mm case of polished black ceramic accented with a ceramic bezel rendered in a vivid turquoise blue. The watch comes on a striated rubber strap in the same blue hue.

“Symbolizing ‘la dolce vita,’ Capri is dotted with secret coves, sunny lanes to be discovered, cliff-top flower gardens and balconies lined with pine, lemon and olive trees,” Hublot CEO Ricardo Guadalupe said in a statement. “Boasting dizzying views over the sumptuous Bay of Naples, the pearl of southern Italy is a veritable treasure trove that inspired Hublot to set up its boutique there in 2017. We think it deserves to be celebrated again.”

Classic Fusion Chronograph Special Edition Capri watch, $13,600

The 45 mm model, which retails for $13,600 and is available in an edition of 30 pieces, epitomizes an emerging trend among watchmakers to create pieces steeped in bright colors, perhaps to offset the gloom-and-doom news cycle that has so far dominated 2020.

Last month, Zenith introduced the new Defy El Primero 21 Ultraviolet, a 44 mm high-frequency chronograph bathed in a striking shade of purple. The rationale for the unusual color choice, explained the watchmaker, had to do with violet’s positioning at the short wavelength end of the visible spectrum, meaning it has the highest frequency of all visible colors—and is therefore a perfect match for Zenith’s legendary El Primero 21 chronograph movement, which beats at a frequency of 50 Hz.

Also last month, Audemars Piguet unveiled ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... ristwatch/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)