Red spinel picture...

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

m76steve

Red spinel picture...

Post by m76steve »

this is a single picture of red spinel flooded with white light to try to bring out the colors of the stones, a little dust shows on the stones, the inclusions show pretty good & the very slight orangy, strong red shows nicely. One can see on the gold the intense light used to get the shot- 8-)
IMG_0046+ - Copy.JPG
PinkDiamond

Re: Red spinel picture...

Post by PinkDiamond »

I don't want to be critical, but it's too dark overall for me to able to see much in the stones other than the facet junctions at the top where the light catches them. Wouldn't a light background enable us to see the inclusions and the true color of the stones better? As it is, the metal is so bright it looks like white gold, while the stones are dark except for the edges. Is that what you were going for, or is it the effect of the pics having to be shrunk down to fit on the forum? :?:
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
m76steve

Post by m76steve »

here is a picture of the stones in a light box, the cutting is probably part of the problem & this limits the picture quality, shrinking the image has no effect on the pic,i dont believe, ur criticisms are welcome and appreciated- :?
IMG_8862+ - Copy.JPG
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Oh my, they really do have gorgeous color, and the gold's the right color now, too. That's another really gorgeous piece you've put together m76! Thanks for showing it like that so we can see it better, even if it's not what you were going for in the shot on black. Beautiful! :D
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)