Share Your Gemstone Photographs!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

Iskandarman

Re: Share Your Gemstone Photographs!

Post by Iskandarman »

Orange vs Green fire opal from Indonesia. Both are translucent and from similar location Manggal hill, Wonogiri, Indonesia. These gemmy pieces are actually very rare compare to the other famous fire opal.
Attachments
Fire and green opal from Wonogiri,  Indonesia.
Fire and green opal from Wonogiri, Indonesia.
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Nice gems, y'all. Too bad the descriptions got messed up in Art's post. In order to get them exactly where they belong you must remember to place the cursor where the pic has to land before clicking to add it to the text. Otherwise it just lands wherever it wants to and messes up the lineup. Nice stones though; too bad about the chipped one since recutting would lose a lot of weight. Thanks for sharing y'all! :)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
Artfldgr

Post by Artfldgr »

CZ parcel.jpg

KJR_5609 copy.jpg
Iskandarman

Post by Iskandarman »

Gemstones from Malaysia
Attachments
Amber from Pahang,  Malaysia
Amber from Pahang, Malaysia
Amethyst from Jeli,  Kelantan,  Malaysia (mini Portuguese round)
Amethyst from Jeli, Kelantan, Malaysia (mini Portuguese round)
Possibly lizardite from central Pahang,  Malaysia
Possibly lizardite from central Pahang, Malaysia
OpalSpectrum

Post by OpalSpectrum »

frosty schiller :D

DSC02dfgd042.jpg

:geek:

>>> Firmitas Utilitas Venustas <<<
SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

I'm thinking Sunstone for the rectangle and Rubellite for the last round on Arts post.
Clay canyon in Utah was a wondrous place they mined and then mined again. I imagine there has to be more somehow, somewhere, but never been there & in a lot of places; that pocket was the only place, discovered so far. I got a few small nodules out of an estate Larry Old bought from an Agate Dealer of the good Varasite i have not cut yet.
I keep adding to the top of the piles faster than I can organize or cut any of it. Leah's kids or the grand kids can find a use for it all after I'm gone I'm sure or just sell the property landscaped. Its a lot more fun to mine than clean or sell. Here is a picture of the finished pendant from that rough in the dome earlier.
Black Opal Pendent
Black Opal Pendent
IMG_0045-OAa.jpg (4.27 KiB) Viewed 3253 times

Decided I was polishing challenged a few years ago, decades?, due to my perfectionist bent & barely have any new stuff to show off compared to mining claim numbers. I'm still selling opal prospects for the least cash that a person actually can show you where to mine on, not recite some book from 5 states away.
Dried Black opal Rough
Dried Black opal Rough
Dried Black opal Rough
Dried Black opal Rough

I will match that 50% off for Military, Law Enforcement & First Responders where I always gave 25% before Domingos price war.
A couple wood opals that are unique to Virgin Valley. They do come in all base colors of the opalized woods and can occasionally be found in the huge log rounds commonly as veins or penetrating from the outside in.
Opalized Wood cabs
Opalized Wood cabs
2 stones from the ridge.JPG (21.57 KiB) Viewed 3253 times

Because he swears the shown opal is from the claim he jumped: The fact is "nothing resembling Bonanza Mine, Peacock Mine, Rainbow Ridge Mine, Opal Queen Mine, Kokopelli Mine or Swordfish Mining opal with "ghosts" have ever been mined from the Black Beauty Mine" and anybody that has ever dug there can testify. That specific areas opal is like grains of sand or spaghetti with rare larger pieces & resembles tiny Ethiopian shriveled opal more than any Fee dig in Virgin Valley. It too can craze when dried prior to cutting rough selection AND many other mines in the valley have that same sort of opal that I could point out to you. It does not produce dome grade specimens or any opal in wood. I have several claims on that deposit in that area for sale; one that butts up to the Stone Tree claim itself and already has an RV and outhouse there.
One chip off the 14 oz knot from the Bonanza rind
One chip off the 14 oz knot from the Bonanza rind

Black Opal is not all crazy
Black Opal is not all crazy

The cutters heart break; now you have 2 gemstones. I have to practice my pic skills...This one glows in low light was the intended shot.
2fnshd1stn15.jpg

Also by definition Yellow, or Orange Clear Opal is labeled Fire opal. Red Opal is Cherry Opal, Green opal is green opal, blue opal is blue opal, purple opal is purple opal and Pink Opal is pink opal whether it is clear or not. We also mine Green and Yellow and Fire nonprecious opal from Virgin Valley.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Oh my, that's lovely OS. What's the size and the weight, and did you cut it? I wondered if you were exclusively cutting opals or branching out to other stones. Way cool! Thanks for sharing it with us. 8-)
PinkDiamond

OpalSpectrum

Post by OpalSpectrum »

yes it is Oregon Sunstone > approx 3.6ct / 11mm long - and yes I did cut it :)
this is double-sided custom-cut cab :lol:
there is cool teal green on the outside and pinkish core although it's hard to show it on the photo.
@Pink - sometimes I play with other stuff just for fun :) I like stones with cool effects and Sunstones are awesome.

here few more pix of schiller 8-)

DSC02ghj043.jpg

ertg.jpg

here is other side ( front side ? )

fgh.jpg

and rough

zzxc.JPG

:geek:

>>> Firmitas Utilitas Venustas <<<
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I'm loving it because when I buy sunstones I always hope for visible schiller, and you did an excellent job on it. Kudos! :)
PinkDiamond

SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

Thats a nice one and a sweet cab you made.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"