Gem Diamonds Sells Ghaghoo Diamond Mine for $4M

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

This mine was considered to be a non-core asset by the mining company, that wishes to focus on the Letšeng mine in Lesotho where we've seen many gorgeous diamonds uncovered. Here's the deal they made. ;)

The Ghaghoo diamond mine in Botswana will soon be owned by Okwa Diamonds when a $4 million dollar deal is approved.

"London—Gem Diamonds has sold the Ghaghoo diamond mine in Botswana.

The company recently announced it has entered into a binding share sale agreement with Okwa Diamonds for 100 percent of Gem Diamonds Botswana Proprietary Limited (GDB).

GDB’s primary asset is the Ghaghoo mine, which has been on care and maintenance since March 2017 due to market conditions.

As of Dec. 31, the gross assets of GDB were $3.5 million and the loss attributable to the company for the 12-month period was $3.3 million.

Under the deal, Okwa will pay a total of $4 million in two installments of $2 million each.

The transaction is subject to certain conditions, like relevant regulatory and competition authority approvals in Botswana, but Gem Diamonds said they’re expected to be fulfilled. The deal is slated for completion by the fourth quarter.

Gem Diamonds said it will use the sale proceeds for general corporate purposes.

Botswana-registered Okwa Diamonds is owned by mining and resource development company Vast Resources PLC and Botswana Diamonds PLC, a diamond exploration and project development company. Both are parties in the share sale agreement.

“This sale is in line with our strategic objective to dispose of non-core assets. Gem Diamonds remains focused on optimizing production and efficiency at the Letšeng mine in Lesotho,” said Gem Diamonds CEO Clifford Elphick.

“On behalf of Gem, we wish the Okwa Diamonds team well for the future, and I would also like to thank the government of Botswana for its assistance during the sale process.”

Gem Diamonds has tried to sell the Ghaghoo diamond mine a few times, including most recently entering into a purchase agreement with ... "

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/article ... ine-for-4m
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)