157-carat diamond recovered in NWT

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

This iceberg was unearthed in Canada, and is the largest diamond to come out of this mine. It will be offered for sale in the first quarter of 2021. 8-)

December 18, 2020

A 157.40-carat exceptional diamond has been recovered from Mountain Province Diamonds’ Gahcho Kué mine in the Northwest Territories.
Photo courtesy Mountain Province Diamonds

"An exceptional diamond weighing 157.40 carats has been found at Mountain Province Diamonds’ Gahcho Kué mine in the Northwest Territories.

The diamond, which the company says is the site’s largest find to date, will be offered for sale during the first quarter of 2021.

“The recovery of the largest-ever diamond… was certainly a boost to the morale of the company,” says president and CEO, Stuart Brown. “It shows that the mine, although a high-volume producer of predominantly smaller diamonds, does produce diamonds of exceptional size and quality.”

Mountain Province also released its results for the fourth quarter of the year, reporting 956,348 carats were sold during this period for total proceeds of $80.2 million (US$61.7 million) ($83.82 [US$64.53] per carat).

“The diamond industry has faced immense challenges during 2020, so to end the year with such a strong sales performance is very encouraging,” Brown says. “Rough diamond prices, ... "

https://www.jewellerybusiness.com/news/ ... ntent=news
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)