PinkDiamond

Diamond Mine in Lesotho Yields 163-Carat Yellow

Post by PinkDiamond »

Another stupendous find for Lesotho. :!:

Diamond Mine in Lesotho Yields 163-Carat Yellow
By Michelle Graff
michelle.graff@nationaljeweler.com
July 1, 2020

Gem Diamonds recovered this 163-carat diamond from the Letseng mine late last month.

"London—Gem Diamonds said it has recovered a 163-carat yellow Type Ia diamond from the Letšeng mine in Lesotho.

The London-based mining company posted news of the find on its website last week, noting the diamond was recovered on June 24 with no breakage.

Gem operates Letšeng, which is known for producing large, high-quality diamonds, in a 70-30 partnership with the government of the Kingdom of Lesotho.

Like many diamond mines worldwide, Letšeng went on care and maintenance in late March because of the spread of COVID-19. Gem announced the reopening of the mine on April 24.

In the first half of 2020, Gem said its diamonds sold for an average of $1,707 per carat, up from $1,687 in H1 2019 and $1,506 in the second half of 2019.

Among the highlights were the sale of 13-carat pink diamond, pictured below, for $40,110 per carat (about $522,000) and a 61-carat Type II white diamond selling for $31,400 ($1.9 million).

In the first half of the year, Gem sold 15 diamonds for more than $1 million each and one diamond for more than ... "

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/diamond ... rat-yellow
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)