Nonprofit Sends Compressor to Precious Women Mine in Kenya

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Roger Dery and his wife score another one with their nonprofit donating much needed equipment to miners in needy areas of the mining sector; in this case, a mine in Kenya that's run entirely by women. Keep up the good work by finding out more about them via the link to the article, and you might be moved to help this worthy cause. ;)

By Brecken Branstrator
brecken.branstrator@nationaljeweler.com
March 8, 2019

Industry nonprofit Gem Legacy raised $9,500 this winter to help purchase and ship this compressor to the Precious Women Mine in Kenya.

"Royal Oak, Mich.—The Precious Women Mine in Kenya now has its compressor.

Gemstone cutter Roger Dery and his family launched 501(c)(3) Gem Legacy in the fall, dedicated to supporting communities directly involved in the gemstone mining sector.

In December, the nonprofit kicked off a campaign to raise $9,500 to buy a compressor for the mine in Mwatate, Kenya, which is run entirely by women, many of whom are widows. They have been working for almost a year and are finding small tsavorite garnet.

Gem Legacy reached its fundraising goals and announced last week that it has delivered the compressor.

It allows the women to use power tools, instead of having to mine by hand with farming tools, and pumps oxygen into the mine.

n addition to the machine and its installation, the money also funded replacement parts, miner training and three varieties of ... "

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/diamond ... e-in-kenya
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)