An alternative solution to continue the free ISG mini-courses

Post your mystery gemstones here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

An alternative solution to continue the free ISG mini-courses

Post by PinkDiamond »

The amount of traffic at the ISG was so heavy after they offered the free mini courses that it crashed the site, so Robert has had to move it to the Gemstone Academy website that can handle that amount of traffic. Here's the scoop, and how you'll still be able to access the courses. :)

We have an alternative solution to continue the free ISG mini-courses.

As many of you may know, we had what we believed was a server melt down due to the enormous amount of traffic our free mini-course offer generated.

Over the past 24 hours I have spent a lot of time doing traceroutes using a variety of IP addresses through VPN and have located the problem with our server not handling the free course load. It is actually not our server, but a master IP server that is the last signal stop BEFORE our server at GoDaddy. While this does not solve the problem, it does tell me that even a new ISG server would not solve the issue.

However, we have a sister website that is with a totally different service provider. I have spent a good bit of time last night and today testing it with traceroutes from a variety of VPN IP locations and it does not seem to have the problems as GoDaddy.

Therefore, I have loaded the ISG Introduction to Gemology course on our International Gemstone Academy website that we use to offer for our Certified Gemstone Dealer program, a program for those seeking to become a gemstone dealer we have offered for years.

Rather than try to post all of the mini-courses at once, I will post up the Introduction to Gemology course until April 2, free to all. On April 3 we will post the Diamond Foundations course, again free. And each 5 days we will post up another single mini-course for free. By posting one at a time on the other provider, we should be able to restart this free mini-course program.

Based on the responses I received, it is worth a try.

I am not going to apologize for the confusion. These are difficult times and we are working with difficult situations. We are putting out everything we have to provide these education opportunities to you all at no charge as part of our effort at the International School of Gemology to support you. I was quite serious when I said we have a commitment to cause to help where we can.

So, the ISG Introduction to Gemology course is active and free on our sister website linked below. It will be up until April 2. After that, another free mini-course will be available.

I welcome your feedback, suggestions and recommendations. Below is the link to the first course: Introduction to Gemology that is now free on the IGA website.

ISG Introduction to Gemology Free Course: https://gemstoneacademy.com/course/intr ... -gemology/

Robert James FGA, GG

President, International School of Gemology

Questions? Contact us today 1-210-695-5520

©2020 International School of Gemology. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. We encourage sharing and caring throughout the industry as long as all copyrights are left intact.

ISG
International School of Gemology
PO Box 1727
Helotes, TX 78023
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)