My Dream

Share your images, comments and tutorials on your home brew lapidary equipment here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

mick

My Dream

Post by mick »

It is my dream to retire and brew beer and die an alcoholic.

Its very cheap to make yourself but everyone I kmow that does it ends up a mess.

I think once I try and it costs 10 cents a can, there would be no stopping me.
Lydia

Re: My Dream

Post by Lydia »

One of my friends brew his own and even grows his own hops. It seems the big trick is to sterilize everything.
Brightlights

Post by Brightlights »

I used to drink beer but got bored with it about the time I got married... it was no fun trying to find where she kept hiding it. :lol:

In college I drank a lot of liquor.... Till I got kicked out for missing some finals and not making the grades because I was too busy celebrating finals week with friends... :oops:

No, I make my own wine but still have about 20 bottles sitting in the basement. And another 6 gallon carboy settling... it is fun to make, but I usually only drink it with friends when we have visitors, etc. (Toledo ohio area if anyone wants a glass.... ;) )

I would think that like my wine, when you have plenty of it, you don't drink it as much as you used to when you first started..
Too many beautiful distractions... https://twitter.com/burningems
OpalSpectrum

Post by OpalSpectrum »

cool idea and it's not very hard to make beer but it's not easy to make good beer :)
there are many good types of beer but for me the best is 'wheat beer' because it's not so 'sparkling' (carbonated ?) and I like the flavor

>>> Firmitas Utilitas Venustas <<<
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I used to make beer, and made some good dark Russian stout and a few other types successfully, but then the season changed and I couldn't maintain the proper fermentation temperature of 55ºF, so we had failed batches and decided we needed a small fridge that he said he would look for, but of course that's as far as it went, and that was years ago.

Now all the equipment is sitting in the garage collecting dust, but I'm still growing my own hops, and every year I freeze what I harvest hoping that eventually I'll get to make beer again without having to worry about the house being kept at the proper fermentation temperature, which is nearly impossible when you're making specialty beers, and don't forget about sterilizing all your equipment, and keeping yeasts, molds and bacterias in the air from contaminating your brew. :roll:

But don't pickle your liver and turn into an alcoholic, because too much of any good thing (even water) can cause problems, and beer is a health drink, as is wine when consumed in moderation, so that's what you want to aim for, and I can guarantee you that beer is a lot healthier than that toxic swill they call soda these days. ;)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
kjsspot

Post by kjsspot »

I have never liked the taste of beer. Whiskey, straight up. Or if I want to get fancy, Rum in a Piña Colada. ;)

OR Fireball Whiskey... like a liquid hot tamale! mmmmmmmMMMmmm....
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt
Brightlights

Post by Brightlights »

Oh, yeah... I like hard stuff too... My college days was Southern Comfort and Mt. Dew. I could drink that all night long and still baby sit all my idiot friends. :lol:

And sometimes a little crown royal...
Too many beautiful distractions... https://twitter.com/burningems
opalcreations

Post by opalcreations »

I was making my own beer for years, then I decided to sell my gear because it was making me too fat, lol.
I LOVE beer, but I'm by far healthier now that I quit drinking it :)