More Wire Wrap Pendants

Post your wire wrap creations here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Re: More Wire Wrap Pendants

Post by PinkDiamond »

Amazingly enough, after all the problems they had early on, they've been doing pretty well lately Chris, and whatever happened apparently didn't last long, thank God. Let's just hope they continue to get better, and don't backslide. :)

Thanks for reposting MoDo. If that's your first attempt, you're way ahead of the game. Nice work. ;)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
MoDo

Post by MoDo »

Thanks! On the bright side: I was able to post the photos in the vertical position this time :) .
MoDo

Post by MoDo »

Okay, I've tried a new pendant. It is certainly far from perfect, but I'm learning as I go ;) . A few years back one of the gentlemen on the GO forums was so kind as to send me a bunch of cabochons to practice with; this is one of them--a Cripple Creek picture jasper from Idaho.

Here is the front:

f98302eb-02ff-429d-8482-b9a06f51f3f8_zpszdqhvteq[1].jpg

The back:

75927eda-ccfa-4948-af0c-da1dc0fcfc4a_zpsppwa6qf3[1].jpg

One side:

58ec99f8-ae8d-4469-969d-1bb572d2bfb9_zps2kkrusx3[1].jpg

The other side:

0e7ced73-e585-45a9-8e5c-f1b0d173b197_zpssurktq4q[1].jpg

Quite a bit wrong with this one :( . I didn't notice until taking the photo of the sides that the wires had shifted at the top near the bail wraps. Also, there are many tool marks ... I was attempting to make a certain design, but it didn't work, so there are marks left over :| .

While part of me is happy with it, the perfectionist in me isn't. I would like Chris' opinion: should I leave this as is, or consider it a trial-run and see if I can do better?
MoDo

Post by MoDo »

Thanks for the encouragement, Chris :) . I know I need a lot more practice before I'm ready to try to sell any of my items.

If your recent wraps are imperfect, I sure as heck don't see it!

As to polishing out the tool marks: Would a Dremel MiniMite work? Turns out my Hubby has one. If that's good enough to polish the wire, I'll look for the proper burrs to use with it.

Finishing the bail is a sticking point with me. The woman from whom I took the class pretty much just pulled them up from the bail wraps and cut them off. That meant they needed to be filed down so as to be not so rough. I didn't like that, so I've been experimenting with different ways to finish bails. Still not happy :roll: ; I shall persevere!
MoDo

Post by MoDo »

Thanks for the link, Chris! Wow! You do a lot more than just bend wire, eh? :lol:

Oh! The game's back on!! Perhaps I'll see you in the chat if the game doesn't run too long!
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Your pieces are gorgeous Chris, and MoDo, your piece is ready to be sold once you polish those pesky marks out of the silver, so don't sell yourself short. You obviously have an innate knack for this judging by the pieces you've shown us already, and none of them look like they were made by an amateur so don't be afraid to put those puppies up for sale. :!: :)
PinkDiamond

MoDo

Post by MoDo »

Thank you both for your kind words :) . They will help me to press on!

And, Chris, your "little" ones are adorable :D . As to the back of your pendant, you do realize, I hope, that now that I've seen it I won't be able to get it out of my memory. Please don't be upset if I "borrow" a bit of your creativity :oops: . I learned only three ways to end the bail wires and none of them are attractive :x . I will do my best to work toward my own "twist" on them :P .
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I love the way you do small as well as odd shapes Chris. You have a good eye for symmetry, and I love your design for the back. I hope your buyers appreciate the technical and artistic skills you have. :D
PinkDiamond

MoDo

Post by MoDo »

Okay, Chris, color me totally blonde :roll: --I just realized you are on Etsy! Yes, I also realize (now) that you have your Etsy link in your signature :oops: . Why I didn't notice before and go take a look is beyond me :| . Good thing eye-candy calories don't count :lol: !
MoDo

Post by MoDo »

I'm afraid your wife can't cuddle ol' Gray Cloud; he is no longer with us :cry: .

If she would like, she may cuddle Black Purrl or Cap'n Jack :D

c62cfe21-5d15-4267-9bb4-7abfd4171595_zpsuugzm2jq[1].jpg

Not a good photo of them; they were trying to nap, so were not amused at being disturbed :lol: .

BTW--Do you have different items up on eBay than you have on Etsy? If so, what is your eBay name? I'd like to take a look.