More Wire Wrap Pendants

Post your wire wrap creations here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

crazy8s

Re: More Wire Wrap Pendants

Post by crazy8s »

You have been busy 8-) they are all very pretty and nice you're getting custom work. :D
SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

Nice work on those.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

It's like riding a bike and will all come back to you. You're doing gorgeous wraps and each one looks totally professional. ;)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
kjsspot

Post by kjsspot »

eye candies! :D
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt
KKHK

Post by KKHK »

Great work you got there. While a bit heavy on silver (for my taste) on some, you manage to compliment the stones perfectly.
KKHK

Post by KKHK »

Not enough traffic around here. But worth a try, I suppose.
Metalwork around stones is incredibly subjective.
I'm one who thinks less is more, but then again when I do design something, things always seem to get out of hand (just like with my carvings).

Its just so hard to appease everyone, better not even try and follow ones own gut feeling about it.
Last edited by KKHK on Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brightlights

Post by Brightlights »

Ooooh.... Aaaah.... I like that. Wire wrap is wrapped, but that looks different. Chance you can get me a picture of the back? :mrgreen:

Yes, if you cover the stone too much it distracts... I think Chris it's doing well with keeping it minimal and a little bit of flash with his bail designs. Usually the wire wrapper will use that and the edges as their "fingerprint" or signature design area.

Straight forward wraps like that are simple, I like that.

I think the "hot" wraps :roll: with the crystal crowds are now the weaves... With 10+ oz of silver wire ( :lol: ) in an amazing weave to hold a bunch of different little crystals and rocks. 8-)

I've seen lots of the counter culture wannas with these. :mrgreen: While I've seen some amazing weaving skills with the wire, I personal do not find them useful. You could hold the same plethora of crystals with silver sheet and bezels and proper setting and avoid the chaos effect, but I guess that's the point and what they aim for. :? To take simple wire of one or two gauges and capture the material with the weave and avoid the extraneous processes requiring the other metalcrafter skills while maintaining that nomadic lifestyle :lol:

Ok, the above kinda sounds negative and apologies too all, that's not the tone I'm really trying to send, just don't know how to describe it I guess. :( I will acknowledge the skill in the weaving, but the effort to avoid using solder is amazing to me. I have a few folks here locally and I offered to show them basic metal skills but they didn't care for the opportunity so I really think it's the nomadic lifestyle they live. :mrgreen: (if I was 20 years younger and without kids....) Its definitely easier to go from festival to festival making and selling those types of weaves than if you had to lug around a metalcrafters studio.
Too many beautiful distractions... https://twitter.com/burningems
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I don't care for weaves around stones either, and as for your designs, I agree with BL because you don't crowd the stone with too much wire, and keep the heavier metal at the bail, which may occasionally have a tad more than I would use, but is still gorgeous and suits the design. ;)

We may not have much traffic yet, but we're not even up 6 months yet and a classifieds section like you're talking about should help bring more people to opalholics, so thanks so much for expanding us and our capabilities Chris. Hopefully it will all work out. :!: :D
PinkDiamond

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I think that without your signature bail it may look a bit too sparse to most, with the exception of fanatical minimalists of course, but done that way for a man I think it would be more appealing, so I say the degree of wire accent should suit whichever gender you envision wearing it. ;)
PinkDiamond

crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

Beautiful :!: