Jewelers Laser Training Seminar Scheduled for Next Month

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

This is a pretty cool seminar that will be held in Nashville, if anyone wants to learn how to use a laser for jewelry and/or eyeglass repairs. I couldn't afford a laser, but I'd love to see how it's done, and this guy has videos on Instagram to check out, right after where I broke the story. If anybody does take this seminar, please let us know. :)

June 13, 2018

"Nashville, Tenn.--Expert laser welder Scott Isaacs is offering an informative workshop on intermediate and advanced laser welding techniques for jewelers this summer.

The Jewelers Laser Training Seminar will be held on July 27 and 28 at the Hilton Garden Inn in Nashville, Tennessee.

The workshop will focus on high-margin-return repairs and teach new skills to increase the bottom line.

With a focus on lasers in the modern jewelry shop, highlights of the event include prong re-tipping, sizing pieces that seem nearly impossible to size, and hinge repair. The seminar also will include hands-on instruction for bread-and-butter repairs like chains and eyeglasses.

There also will be a demonstration of rebuilding a prong on a lab-grown diamond, which will be donated by Star Gems.

Scott Isaacs of Nashville’s Belle Meade Jewelry & Repair has 15 years’ experience laser welding in the jewelry industry.

He used to perform contract work for Rofin Lasers, leading individual and advanced group laser trainings, and also has previous experience teaching seminars on eyeglass repairs using a laser and prong rebuilding.

Isaacs said he has created more than a thousand videos of customer jewelry repair, ... "

https://www.nationaljeweler.com/indepen ... next-month
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)