A small tribute to the women in my life

Post all non-opal carvings and creations here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

KKHK

A small tribute to the women in my life

Post by KKHK »

The stone more than the carving, represents the at times shattering experiences that a lot of women go through, and yet they manage to overcome, in spite of it all.
ImageShattered Not Broken by Kainzer Kurt, on Flickr

For a change, a theme that comes from life.

Indonesian Pawancawarna (literally means 5 colours but not every stone has them )a mixture of jasper, agate and opal often dissected by copper-sheets in the "healed" cracks.
The start
Disaster

Thats usually the end of it, and due to my personal distaste for things glued back together would normally just get abandoned and tossed out, but here it just re-enforces my personal reason for the theme.
This particular stone contains something that no other stone can give me. SNB refers in my mind to "Shattered not Broken", in remembrance to a few women for whom words of thanks and/or admiration can not express what I truly see in them. I have had extremely strong women guiding me along my life and I'm keenly aware of their presence in who I am today. AND I'm not talking only about mother or wife.

But gluing means it needs a supporting background: US Palm-Wood

Side by side

Not completely done, but nothing will really change to affect pictures. Needs a proper polish and background a little more sanding. And maybe try lowering it deeper into background.

As said before: The stone more than the carving, represents the at times shattering experiences that a lot of those women went through, and yet they held it together in spite of it all and in my case, made me stronger too. For a lot of them, I was there just by chance to witness, and at the time might not have given them the respect they deserved. But looking back, its incredible what they achieved against the odds, in themselves, in me, and others.
crazy8s

Re: A small tribute to the women in my life

Post by crazy8s »

Very 8-)
PinkDiamond

Re: A small tribute to the women in my life

Post by PinkDiamond »

Indeed, with very insightful thought behind it. 8-)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)