Yael Designs Pioneers Groundbreaking New Fine Jewelry Technique

All non-opal gemstone cutting discussions here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

This is amazing! :o

Award-winning fine jewelry house Yael Designs pioneers a groundbreaking technology that allows a gemstone to be set inside another gemstone.

" San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) November 02, 2015

Award-winning fine jewelry house Yael Designs pioneers a groundbreaking technology that allows a gemstone to be set inside another gemstone.

Yael Designs Sentience bangle combines gemstones in a groundbreaking jewelry innovation
Yael Designs premiered the never before seen technique in a one-of-a-kind $119,000 “Sentience” bangle that features a 7-carat deep blue tanzanite set inside a 26-carat aquamarine. This is the first time a gemstone has ever been set inside another gemstone in a way where the two appear entirely seamless and translucent. The Sentience bangle represents a bold innovation in an art form that is centuries old.

As the first piece in a collection that will launch in 2016, the bangle was designed by the
founder of Yael Designs Yehouda Saketkhou and crafted with the help of legendary gem cutter Glenn Lehrer. Together, they used a gem cut that allows a hole to be carved in the middle of a gemstone, a technique known as the TorusRing Cut, which was developed earlier by Lehrer. With Saketkhou’s vision, they took the technique to the next level by combining two gemstones in a way where the way they are held together is invisible.

“When Yehouda approached me with his audacious vision of an invisibly set stone-within-stone piece, I was intrigued by the challenge,” said Lehrer from his studio in California. “It was like jumping from a Prius into a Ferrari. Yehouda’s vision stretched me to think outside the box of what was possible.”

Even though the gemstones are held together by tiny platinum wires, the unique cut creates a mirror effect, making the setting completely invisible. In the Sentience bangle, the cut allows the deep blue color of the pear-shaped tanzanite to shine through the cushion cut aquamarine. The bangle is set in 18kt white gold with diamonds and moonstones.

“To paraphrase Neil Armstrong, ..."

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/10/prweb13053689.htm
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
Brightlights

Re: Yael Designs Pioneers Groundbreaking New Fine Jewelry Technique

Post by Brightlights »

I bet I could do it with 330 epoxy. Groundbreaking? Meh...
Too many beautiful distractions... https://twitter.com/burningems