The Kintsugi Pendant by Milamore Is a Work of Art

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I saw this the other day and the pic I saw wasn't that great, plus this isn't my cup of tea with the repair showing, but it's a feature this way and this pic is much better so I'll show it to you and you can decide if it's worth the price they're asking. To me it's a good way to save a flawed or broken pearl, but .... ;)

October 30, 2020 by Brittany Siminitz

"Pearls, both in the traditional and not so sense, have been überpopular this year, perhaps one of the (much-sung) heroes of 2020. But this new creation from Milamore takes the unexpected to the next level.

The pendant is a capsule of the brand’s Kintsugi collection, which is inspired by the traditional Japanese art of repairing broken pottery with lacquer mixed with powdered gold. Instead of pottery, the piece uses mother-of-pearl, and the result is striking to say the least.

The pendant doesn’t just mimic the look of the tradition; it was put through the actual Kintsugi process. Milamore’s CEO and creative director George Root collaborated closely with a highly trained Kintsugi artist—a profession that requires decades of training—to perform the tradition’s restoration process.

In the end, the customer truly has at their hands a piece of art, to wear and admire for years to come. Plus, if there’s a better jewelry metaphor for picking yourself up and putting the pieces together again (especially in a year like 2020), I haven’t seen it.

The Kintsugi pendant on a chain

In addition to it being ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -milamore/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)