Kapes Jewelry Flexes Its Adjustable Pearl Designs

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

These are lovely, but the fact that they're adjustable makes them relatively unique. I'll take you through the lead pic and the first two, so use the link to view the rest. :)

October 21, 2020 by Brittany Siminitz

"The experiences of a designer born in Navsari, India, and raised in Tokyo have helped to hone the aesthetic of the Kapes Jewelry brand, and it’s a wonderful thing to behold.

The offerings of Karishma Patel, founder of Kapes Jewelry, boast a trifecta of the designer’s Indian heritage, Japanese culture, and Italian craftsmanship—an altogether striking combination that beckons the jewelry fanatic in anyone.

But it’s the brand’s pearl jewelry that is distinctly alluring: styles that prove easy to wear and incredibly modern, with a focus on pearl that isn’t overly pearl (if that doesn’t make sense, you might understand when you see it). Kapes has a way of putting out there a range of jewelry one may never want to take off (but should, given the delicate nature of pearls), and plenty of pieces that are versatile in nature—its two-way jewelry (necklaces that can be turned into bracelets) offers easy-on, easy-off glitz that can truly be worn every single day.

Magnet necklace (converts to bracelet/necklace set) in 18k yellow gold with akoya and freshwater pearls, $4,800

Below, some of Kapes’ chic styles, along with a bit of perspective from its designer, Karishma Patel.

Versatility is such an incredible quality to see in jewelry these days, as shoppers look to buy fewer, higher-quality things and hope to get maximum wear from their purchases. Can you tell us a bit more about your adjustable and convertible jewelry? What inspired you to create these styles?

I was born in Navsari, a small city in India close to Surat (the diamond city of India). At a young age I moved to Tokyo, where I grew up. My father had a wholesale diamond business there, and I would always go help him at his office and at the trade shows. I was so inspired by the Japanese work ethic, workmanship, and technology. I have always wanted to design jewelry that would suit my lifestyle. I wanted to be able to wear jewelry pieces that could take me from day to night and even work well with my Indian outfits. Though I was not living in India, the culture was still a big part of me.

Jewelry is a huge part of the Indian culture. We get gifted a lot of high-end gold jewelry, and most of the time it just sits in the safe unworn. I wanted to change that and create high-end pieces that were more wearable and versatile. I started to incorporate the adjustable spiral and magnetic technology into gold necklaces, bracelets, rings, and bangle designs. This concept allows you to wear a necklace as a bracelet or wear one necklace a few different ways depending on your mood or outfit. The spiral bracelets and rings fit all wrist and ring sizes, making them a perfect gift. Our designs really give the freedom to wear jewelry pieces the way you want and also give the option and flexibility to dress it up or down.

Convertible magnetic necklace (pictured as choker) in 18k yellow gold with South Sea pearls, $2,820

... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... ble-pearl/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)