Winners of 10th Annual International Pearl Design Competition

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Winners of 10th Annual International Pearl Design Competition

Post by PinkDiamond »

I found these through an article in National Jeweler that I started posting for you, but since they only showed 8 of the winning pieces, and gave the link to the pearl association's site I decided to give you the direct link to the winners. Besides, my only favorite was with another piece I'm not so fond of in the first article. The problem is only the lead pic and one of the items I like has a link I can pull to post here, so I'll show you that one before giving you the link to the winners. Others I also love are the earrings with the rings around the pearls that look kind of outer spacey, and the fern after the rain earrings are darling. Hope you find many that also impress you. Enjoy! :)

The Cultured Pearl Association of America Announces U.S. and International Winners of 10th Annual International Pearl Design Competition

"New York, NY – Oct. 31, 2019. The Cultured Pearl Association of America (CPAA) has announced the U.S. and international winners of its 10th Annual International Pearl Design Competition (IPDC).

On Tuesday, Oct. 29, judges Jean Francois Bibet, workshop and production director at Cartier; Nancy Schuring, owner of Devon Fine Jewelry (whose store will show and offer for sale the winning entries and the finalists of Schuring’s choice); Michelle Graff, editor in chief of NationalJeweler.com; and Hector Hassey, jewelry designer of his own same-name firm, inspected 18 live U.S. division finalist pieces at a private location in the city. (There were 38 total U.S. submissions.)

By the end of the day, eight winners had been chosen across seven categories for the U.S. Division, as well as one Popularity award winner, which emerged through a vote on the @pearlscpaa’s Instagram account. Meanwhile, 11 finalists, eight winners, and three Honorable Mentions were chosen out of 40 entries in the International Division for the same categories save for the Popularity award. Winners are as follows.

U.S. Division with Judging of Live Finalist Pieces

President’s Trophy. This top prize is given to the piece deemed the most beautiful and original design concept that is well made, celebrates pearls, and leaves a lasting impression of pearls as must-have gems.

Winner: Polka Dots cuff in water buffalo horn with 18k gold, bezel-set rubies in pink freshwater pearls, and diamonds by Alishan Halebian of Alishan. ... "

That one is lovely, but this is the favorite that had a link to the pic. 8-)

Wedding Day Pearls. Flirt necklace in 18k gold with cultured white akoya pearls and diamonds by Orsolya Nagyne Raski and Daniel M. Nagy of Brilldor Jewellery.

https://www.cpaa.org/blogs/current-even ... 98cc2c53eb
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)